Job Location: Sun Noodle Hawaii, LLC - Honolulu, HI
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Graduate Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Human Resources
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including recruiting, hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay (payroll), benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the departments
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers and submits payroll, administrations of benefits for eligible employees and other duties as related.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR assistants, managements and other staff when complex, specialized and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Research and develops training programs for managers and employees.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations for both New Jersey and New York.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administrations, or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of human resource management experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired
- Prolongs periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organizations facilities
- Travel may be required periodically.