Cascade Designs makes amazing outdoor gear. We offer a casual work environment, and tons of opportunity to do your best work. We also provide great benefits, which include: 15 paid time off days (which grows the longer you are with us) plus two "Get out and Play" floating holidays and one Personal Day of Importance Floating Holiday, Group Medical and Dental, flexible work location, company-matching 401(k) program, and free parking. We also offer a cool Activity Gear Loaner Program, discounts on products purchased through Pro Deals, and free Cascades Designs product.
Supports the Cascade Designs Human Resources Department mission of supporting the corporate business strategies, and making Cascade Designs a great place to work. May carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, recruitment, affirmative action, legal compliance, and program administration.
This is a Reno based on-site position.
Essential job functions
- Assists in administering payroll through ADP. This includes bi-weekly payroll, changes to employee status, troubleshooting and report generation.
- Recruiting and Onboarding
- Create and post job ads via various mediums such as online job boards and social media platforms, find and contact passive candidates, and participate in job fairs.
- Arrange and conduct job interviews.
- Perform reference and background checks and arrange pre-employment drug screens.
- Provide input on selection decisions and make conditional offers of employment, including creating offer letters.
- Onboard employees by ensuring timely completion of new hire paperwork, explaining benefits offerings, reviewing policies, instructing employees on use of employee self-service features of ADP, and entering requisite employment data into ADP.
- Employee Engagement
- Assist in training and development, recognition, onboarding and orientation, communication and developing teambuilding (and fun!) activities.
- Create or disseminate employee communications thru various mediums, including email and printed documents.
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various Human Resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Benefits Administration
- Assist HR Manager with regards to FMLA, leave of absence and any other leave questions.
- Coordinate benefits enrollments for new staff members.
- Assists in benefit election and contribution changes occurring during plan year in accordance with plan documents and statutory limitations.
- Answer employee questions concerning benefits promptly and accurately.
- Complete and return insurance claim forms in timely manner.
- Employee Relations
- Guide and coach supervisors and managers on effective and appropriate handling of employee performance and conduct issues, including employee counseling, discipline, performance improvement plans, and termination
- Investigate and resolve employee relations issues, including interviewing witnesses, gathering and analyzing documentary evidence, and applying relevant employment laws, policies and past practice, reaching conclusions and recommending appropriate course of action
- Escalate complex or high-risk situations to Human Resources Manager, including legal actions, to mitigate risk.
- Assists managers and supervisors with the use of temporary (from an agency) or seasonal employees.
- Assist with administration of annual Affirmative Action Plan and any Government required forms or reports.
- BA degree in Human Resources or Business preferred. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred. 2-4 years of general HR experience, including recruiting OR employee relations AND basic HR knowledge. Experience recruiting in manufacturing a plus.
- Ability to make recommendations to resolve problems or issues, consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or law.
- Ability to give comprehensive oral presentations to small groups of employees in a training environment. Proposal and report writing skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy in MS Office, databases, and online tools.
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in ADP Workforce Now
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
People Management Responsibilities
- As Activity Committee Chair, requires process management duties on a cross-functional team.
Authorization granted for:
- Activity Committee budget items; low-level staffing firm service agreements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is mostly seated.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Employee must show proof of being fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
This is intended to describe the general nature and level of work done by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to provide an exhaustive list of the duties, or requirements. All employees are expected to follow the direction of their supervisors.