We need independent upward bound leaders to take on this exciting opportunity support our flagship location under the direction of the Plant Manager and Director of HR (not located on site). The HR Generalist will provide professional support to Leaders, Managers and individual plant contributors. This position is 60% strategic/forward-thinking, 35% administrative and 5% misc; requires skills beyond administration/managing existing programs.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand core business objectives and how HR goals link to business priorities;
- Daily point of contact for employees and people managers related to HR policies, procedures and programs;
- Develops and proposes improvements to policies, programs, systems and procedures to enhance the effectiveness of the Human Resources Department
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues, conducts investigations and handles employee relations counseling with related employee population
- Support two locations within the Foam
- Flexible for 24/7 shift meetings for employee engagement and communication meetings.
- Additional management, HR and compliance reporting
- Serve as backup for various HR responsibilities
- Other related duties and projects as assigned
- Serve as backup for receptionist
- Bachelor’s degrees plus 4 years of Human Resources experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multi-task and manage conflicting priorities of daily tasks, as well as those that support business leader
- Thrive in a high-pressure environment;
- High level of comfort using data and attention to detail;
- Experience working in a fast paced industrial/manufacturing environment, quickly changing and highly ambiguous environment
- Professional certification; PHR and/or SHRM-CP
- Expert level experience with Word and Excel, including but not limited to charts, pivots and filters