Who We Are:
Do you want to work for a company named to the Best Places to Work in Rubber and Plastics? Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, and synthetic rubber to survive oil wells' most aggressive fluids.
Our team is outstanding at what they do, and we enjoy a great company culture and work environment. This combination truly makes us a best place to work!
Partner with the Director of Human Resources and staff to lead Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Manages the plant human resources functions necessary to fulfill the Mississippi Plant’s goals and objectives while abiding within federal and state laws and company guidelines.
Job Functions - Accountabilities
- Recruit, onboard, and retain qualified personnel to meet all staffing requirements.
- Manage pay for performance program through administration of established Performance System. Coach and educate managers to provide meaningful feedback through the performance appraisal process.
- Working in concert with corporate HR, development and create training material and programs.
- Develop and administer plant compensation and benefits programs to insure competitiveness in local labor market (coordinate with corporate).
- Conducts orientation training with all new hires and other training initiatives with all employees as needed.
- Provide data for and implement Affirmative Action plans.
- Work with corporate HR team to administer HR policies and procedures for all Mississippi Plant personnel.
- Endorse and encourage wellness for the plant. Make suggestions for improving current programming, generating ideas and taking a lead role in implementing new and current programming.
- Research, benchmark and network HR related functions to promote innovation, knowledge of trends, updates and changes in the HR discipline.
- Support and develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Actively work to ensure the plant remains union free.
- Provide an avenue for open communication and problem resolution throughout the plant.
- Adhere to all JSOX requirements related to personnel changes and participates in audits as needed.
- Perform other assignments as deemed necessary by the Director of Human Resources and Plant Manager. (These duties will be deemed essential or marginal based on content.)
- Continually seek ways to improve performance of our plant's operation and ensure that your customers' (both internal and external) needs are met. Adhere to the quality system
- Foster employee involvement through participative management techniques, teams, committees, and projects and serve as advisor to teams when necessary
- Plan and execute employee events and recognition.
Regular attendance is essential for satisfactory performance in this position.
Less than 10%.
Bachelors Degree in Business/HR Management or equivalent is required
PHR/SPHR or equivalent certification is preferred
5+ Years Human Resources Generalist/Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and HRIS platforms are required
- Strong time management, problem solving, and critical thinking skills are required
- Ability to multitask and work in an environment of changing and multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Must be people oriented and a cohesive team player
- Understanding of participative and self management concepts is preferred
Office environment within a chemical complex with some walking in the plant facility
Zeon employees enjoy growth opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits program.
Zeon Chemicals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.