ASRC Federal is seeking a HPC Site Team Lead for an ongoing Army contract supporting the Depart of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP). This role will lead a team of technical staff in supporting HPC operations at the US Navy DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC) located at Stennis Space Center, MS, reporting to a Program Manager (PM) and Deputy Program Manager (DPM).
The Site Team Lead will ensure the delivery of high quality HPC services at their respective site in areas including: systems integration, systems administration, network administration, information assurance, facilities support, database administration, maintenance, help desk, stakeholder outreach, innovation, quality, and management support (e.g. financial, procurement, inventory). The Site Lead will work closely with the Government ensuring requirements are met, communication is open and transparent, and any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- At the designated DSRC site, be the primary point-of-contact for the DSRC Director and his/her Deputy on day-to-day activities and provide regular status updates to DSRC leaderships at weekly status meetings or established methods of oversight
- Collaborate with the Program Manager to organize, lead, direct, and manage the DSRC HPC staff of technical professionals in different disciplines: HPC, business management, network & security operations, user services, infrastructure and tools, software development and logistics
- Assist in developing project management documentation including schedules, scope statements, charters, communication plans, etc. applicable to team projects, generally consistent with PMI PMBOK (tailored) processes and other best practices
- Provide feedback on the Integrated Master Schedule to point out and be mindful of dependencies that might affect other projects and potentially other DSRCs
- Perform all project control to ensure all DSRC projects are on time and under budget
- Support cross-site projects to drive efficiency and innovations
- Provide day-to-day oversight and resource management of site personnel and funding
- Interact with the corporate office to facilitate DSRC specific work and ensure business office activities are accelerated in support of the DSRC to include procurements
- Gather, report, and enter data into management systems as needed to assist in the development of the CDRL deliverables for review by the PM/DPM
- Assist in providing subcontractor management oversight as required
- Support new employee in-processing, including badging, desk location, laptop distribution
- Interview applicants for selected open positions; review and provide recommendations on personnel actions including promotions, merit increases, staff changes, and disciplinary actions including terminations