ASRC Federal is seeking a Technical Team Lead for Enterprise/Cross Centers for an ongoing Army contract supporting the Depart of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP). This role will report to a Program Manager (PM) and serve as a HPC technical expert ensuring the success of various HPC projects across the contract, anticipating future customer needs, and understanding and communicating HPC trends.
You will collaboratively work HPC experts and Government stakeholders, to include participation in various meetings, forums, and boards. Additionally, this role supports Technical Leads across the contract in resolving technical issues and supporting technical projects, such as implementing new HPC systems, architectures, and technologies.
- Build and maintain technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision makers for the successful adoption and deployment of technical solutions for the program
- Serves as a technical advisor for HPC and Infrastructure technology, and provides support to program leadership for priority setting, resource utilization, continuous performance improvement, overall technical guidance, and strategic planning within the HPC infrastructure portfolio
- Works collaboratively with process owners, departmental leadership and infrastructure staff to promote the effective use of technology and to maximize the value received from technology investments
- Lead and provide oversight of projects such as technical assessments / evaluations of new technical HPC capabilities. This includes developing associated project management documentation (e.g. project charters), negotiating and adjusting resources, and managing the project through its lifecycle (start à finish) in accordance with best practices and contract methodologies (e.g. ITIL) to meet schedule and budget commitments
- Identify adoption blockers and inhibitors and work with the site teams to execute on plans to remove them
- Ensure configuration management of assets
- Maintain awareness of the state-of-the-art in HPC and potential value-add implications for the customer and stakeholders, and foster awareness and understanding of these insights for the community
- Present HPCMP services and technologies through forums such as Whitepapers, Reference architectures and Public-Speaking events such as Super Computer Convention and User-Group events. Capture and share best practices and insights internally and partners and customers.
- As assigned, attend Government and Industry meetings, forums, and boards pertaining to the advancement of HPC capabilities for the HPCMP
- Support interview processes for applicants for selected open positions