Coeur Mining, Inc. is the largest U.S.-based primary silver producer and a growing gold producer. The Company has five precious metals mines in the Americas generating strong production, sales and cash flow. Coeur Rochester, Inc., a subsidiary of Coeur Mining Inc. is recruiting for a Haul Truck Operator to be based at the Rochester Mine near Lovelock, Nevada. Haul truck operator personnel are responsible for the performance of the following duties in a safe and productive manner:
- Drive a 150-ton off road haul truck with dump body over gravel haul roads.
- Perform a walk-around inspection at the beginning and end of each shift to insure the truck is in a safe and proper running condition
- Safely and effectively haul and dump material in designated areas, such as waste rock dumps, feed piles, and into the crusher feed hopper to ensure meeting budgeted tonnage production rates
- Maintain maximum tire life by avoiding rocks and debris that can damage tires
- Call on the radio to warn of hazards in the pit that can affect other operators
- Remove garbage and keep the cab of the trucks clean
- Ensure the truck receives fuel as required and at the end of each shift
- Assist in general mine labor as needed
- Follow all procedures and safety measures to assure safe production
- Work in all conditions and environments, approximately 80% of job is outdoors
- Able to lift 75 lbs. on a continuous basis
- Able to walk up and down slopes and uneven ground daily
- Able to ascend and descend steep ladders to access the cab of the haul truck
- Follow all safety and environmental requirements as determined by Coeur Mining, Inc.
- Work as a team member and communicate openly with others
- Self-directed and able complete tasks as directed by the Mine Shift Supervisor
- Willing to stop work for safety concerns and always abide by safety best practices, policies and procedures
This position is under the direct supervision of the Mine Shift Supervisor, and will follow a rotating 5-5-4 schedule, alternating day/night shifts.