Blue Hawaiian Helicopters is looking for a lead join our team. We offer competitive pay and commission for this position. Additionally we offer helicopter and airline flight perks, benefits, 401k, and more. Apply today to learn more!
Working team leader that offers in-person, face-to-face personalized including reservations, guest check in and briefing, retail and activity sales and support the base operation. Focus on providing extraordinary service to our guests at every touch point with Blue Hawaiian, including the check-in, briefings, flight following, ramp operations and oversee building maintenance. This person will help his/her team grow base revenue with service sales enhancements to ensure a memorable vacation experience for the guest.
Qualified candidates bring proven sales and high-touch customer service skills to the team. The Guest Relations Agent Lead is knowledgeable about the local area and is the expert on the attractions, tours, and activities that we sell. Ensures compliance with Blue Hawaiian’s Operational Specifications, Human Resources Requirements and Safety Management System.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide each guest with a professional and courteous greeting and extraordinary guest service
- Establish rapport and trust with the guest and assist guest in selecting the product that matches their needs. Needs are assessed via the discovery process (i.e. asking questions)
- Meet or exceed established sales targets in a commissioned environment
- Demonstrate the ability to generate sales and up sell product by “painting the picture” and planning out the guest’s stay to improve their experience
- Take responsibility for solving guest issues in a timely fashion with satisfaction and a sense of urgency. Follow up on issues to ensure that they are resolved
- Confirmed ability to sell in person and occasionally, on the phone
- Use sales tools to invoke a sense of urgency to get the guest to commit; closes and books the sale and gets guest to make payment
- Provide a thorough, detailed recap of the purchase along with properly thanking the guest for their business
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Availability Required: Sunday – Saturday
- Generally 3 – 5 days per week, with one day being on a Saturday or Sunday
- Any desk, any shift (Opening, mid, or closing shifts between the hours of 7 am – 6 pm)
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling – 0%
Subject to applicable laws and Blue Hawaiian policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Blue Hawaiians’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Blue Hawaiians will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of sales (or upselling) experience in a performance driven environment
- Extraordinary guest service skills
- Expert-level knowledge of the local area and attractions
- Knowledge of travel and/or ticket industry and concierge experience preferred
- Operational experience preferred
- Ability to lead highly motivated sales team
- Adaptable and able to support change within the business
- Ability to overcome objections and offer alternate solutions
- Timeliness and a professional appearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluent English required, bilingual a plus)
- Strong listening skills to be able to identify customer need
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a sales driven environment
- Ability to occasionally lift to 25 pounds and to stand for long periods of time
- Proven ability to juggle multiple duties and prioritize
- Team scheduling, training and support
- Intermediate with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to type 30-40 wpm
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.