As posted by the hiring company
- Weighing and grading of in-bound and outbound grain using both computer and manual tools to measure the grain and record it.
- Unloading trucks and railcars, use of approved tools/method(s) to open the door on a truck or trailer to allow the grain out.
- Ability to transfer and pile grain using small and large front end loaders operating both inside and outside.
- Loading trucks, railcars, containers and barges as applicable. Includes ascending and descending ladders on railcars, trucks, loadout towers, platforms, etc., within guidelines. General maintenance of equipment, required to climb to the top of the grain storage bins (approx. 200 feet) using appropriate tools and procedures to maintain equipment, requires climbing on ladders to elevation.
- Housekeeping of grain elevator and grounds, using appropriate tools/methods to conform to company expectations.
- Must work in confined space areas with respiratory and fall protection as required.
Other Job Functions:
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Experience working in a grain elevator is preferred, but not required.
- Steel toe or sturdy leather boots are required on the job site.
- Must be willing to submit to a drug test & background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and personal vehicle to drive to various work sites.
- Comply with company policies and safety regulations.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be on their feet for extended hours. Up to 8 hours.
- Ability to frequently move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- Ability to frequently work in various climates and weather conditions
- Ability to frequently wear personal protective equipment correctly
- Ability to occasionally climb ladders