For assistance on how to apply, please click here
At The Andersons, Inc., serving customers with integrity, loyalty and respect has been our commitment since our founding in 1947. An operating group of The Andersons, Inc., the Trade Group specializes in the movement of physical commodities such as whole grains, feed ingredients and energy products.
We are hiring a Grain Elevator Operations Worker for our Anselmo, Nebraska facility.
This position is responsible for performing operations tasks involving the receiving, storage, cleaning, packaging and shipping of grain.
- Perform a minimum of two tasks in the operations area contributing to customer service, grain conditioning or general facility upkeep
- Safe operation of mobile equipment such as Bobcat, Forklift, Payloader and Locomotive.
- Operate truck dumps in a safe and efficient matter.
- Participate in all aspects of rail loading including lid closer, locomotive operator, loader and blender.
- Operate grain dryers.
- High degree of customer service skills.
- Work on maintenance crews as needed with a focus on monthly preventative maintenance of equipment
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Minimal job-related experience
- Work is prescribed and completed with close supervision and little autonomy
- Duties are clearly defined and methods and tasks are described in detail
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and occasionally 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work in high places and in confined spaces.
- No experience required
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurances
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons’ Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
PHISHING SCAM WARNING: The Andersons is among several companies recently made aware of a phishing scam involving con artists posing as hiring managers recruiting via email, text and social media. The imposters are creating misleading email accounts, conducting remote “interviews,” and making fake job offers in order to collect personal and financial information from unsuspecting individuals. Please note that The Andersons only uses company email addresses, which contain “@andersonsinc.com”, to communicate with candidates via email. The company also uses secure tools on our website to receive data from applicants and would never ask them to submit their personal banking information to apply for an open job. If you are contacted by someone about an open job at The Andersons, please verify the domain of the sender’s email address and that they are asking you to apply on this website. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing scam, please reference this webpage for guidance on your reporting options https://www.dhs.gov/be-cyber-smart/report-incident