DTN is a global leader providing insights and analytics to our customers to feed, fuel, and protect the world. We help people make critical business decisions that impact the agriculture, oil and gas, trading, and weather industries.
It’s a difference you’ve likely felt without even knowing it. From the food on your plate to the gas in your car to the last flight you took, chances are a DTN customer made it possible. And that’s just for starters. That’s why we say, “When our customers prosper, we all win.”
DTN/The Progressive Farmer currently has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of a Grain Bid Supervisor in our Omaha, NE location. This position reports to the Editorial Operations Manager.
As part of our Grain Bid Gathering Team, The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitate and assist with grain bid data gathering using grain specific applications.
- Contact potential new locations to add to our system and existing locations for better bid gathering methods.
- Manage grain bid staff includes hiring, firing, communication, reviews, auditing and approving employee time.
- Coordinate grain bid internal audit, research and correction of suspicious bids.
- Inform staff of bid corrections.
- Work with customer service, customer care and sales to investigate grain bid opportunities.
- Teach new staff
- Assist staff on data entry improvements, enunciation, communication, speed, accuracy, and quality.
- Coordinate outside help when extenuating circumstances occur (bad weather)
- Responsible for triggering end of day process to deliver MGEX index before 6pm.
- Assist with afternoon grain bid reports.
- Responsible for request to trigger commodity months rolling.
- Add and inactivate grain bid locations
- Refine existing documentation for grain bid team.
- Assist with fertilizer price gathering and reporting as needed
- Hours, weekdays from 8:05am-5:35pm with a 1.5 hour lunch.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of DTN Grainbid Application a plus
- Good communication skills and attention to detail needed
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High School Diploma.
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft office, databases, etc.
Good Written and Verbal communication skills.
OUR VISION: To be the independent, trusted source of insights to our customers who feed, protect, and fuel the world.
OUR MISSION: Empower our customers with intelligent and actionable insights that exceed their expectations and enable their success on a daily basis.
OUR VALUES: Customer Delight, Education, Teamwork, Colleague Focus, Innovation, Integrity
We have great benefits at DTN – apply today to find out more!
At DTN, we are an equal opportunity employer. Come join us as we help feed, fuel, and protect the world!