In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography, Planning, Engineering, Computer Science or related curriculum (or equivalent) and typically 3+ years of related experience.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a GIS role.
- Proficient ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (version 10) and ArcGIS Pro user.
- Experience of geodatabase management, editing, GIS data development and standardization, including performing quality control on attributes, metadata, topology, and spatial accuracy.
- Experience of field surveying using handheld GPS.
- Capable of producing customized cartographic and analysis products using ArcGIS.
- Continuous residency in Germany for at least 12 months prior to starts date.
- Well-developed skills with one or more GIS packages including scripting, programming, modeling, and designing.
- Ability to design and maintain GIS databases and other database formats such as Microsoft Access, dBase, etc.
- Proficiency in cartography and map design, including coordinating systems, projections, and map scales.
- Ability to utilize, convert and incorporate various types of data into GIS. Examples of this data include Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD), Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and database files.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Visual Basic, Python, HTML, AML, EML, Cold Fusion, etc.
- Systems automation skills (e.g., UNIX scripts, NT batch scripts, Linux scripts)
- Systems and peripheral troubleshooting skills
- Ability to independently assess data anomalies, software problems, and program design flaws, and take appropriate steps to make the project work.
- Ability to ascertain hardware/software limitations, how to work within them, and what can be done when limits are reached.
- Ability to communicate results of assigned tasks in writing.
- Ability to document work performed on a project in project logs.
- Ability to document specific information about project data in the metadata file
- Proficiency in basic office automation software including MS-Word or MS-Excel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Searches for and compiles field data based on project needs and specifications. Screens available data for relevance and applicability.
- Designs GIS, database, and analytical processes. May include system development (e.g., tailoring hardware, software, and data configurations to meet project needs).
- Designs and develops GIS automation processes for internal use. Modifies application code to customize automation processes.
- Utilizes various spatial analysis methods (interpolation, modeling, etc.) to depict patterns and trends of geographic data.
- Integrates hardware, software, and data. Assesses precision and accuracy of GIS data; makes decisions regarding relevance to projects. May integrate non-GIS data with GIS applications, as appropriate.
- Performs quality assurance on GIS data and processes.
- May evaluate commercial GIS applications, and design and develop GIS applications for internal use and client deliverables.
- Produces client deliverables in both hardcopy and digital format.
- Provides guidance to GIS technicians assigned to project.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Supervision Received - Higher-level GIS Specialists; GIS Program Manager
- Supervision Given - GIS Technicians (technical guidance only)
- Internal Contacts - All Employees on Project
- External Contacts - Clients; Vendors
- Experience with the 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst suite of geoprocessing tools
- Experience of writing and troubleshooting automation scripts in Python for ArcGIS.
- Experience of working in a multiuser versioned geodatabase environment.
- Experience of Image Processing in ERDAS Imagine.
- Experience of working with the SDSFIE geodatabase model.
- Experience of working with ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Online Applications.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- German (and other European) language skills beneficial but not essential.
Project Tasks Include:
- GIS Database Development.
- Map Production.
- GIS Data Acquisition.
- Field GIS Data Collection.
- Remote Sensing Analysis.
- Coordination with other geospatial data managers / data stewards / stakeholders.
- Self-Motivated, independent work ethic, capable of prioritizing own work with minimal supervision.
- Keen eye for detail in order to maintain high standards of data and map quality.
- Ability to coordinate and build relationships with customers and provide technical GIS briefings to GIS users and managers through meetings, working groups, conferences, and outreach events.
- Ability to travel within Europe and the U.S and potentially Africa.
- Strong reporting capability, required for compiling reports on GIS support activities.
- Fluent English, written and spoken.
- Valid & Clean Driving License
- Clean Police Background Check from current place of residence
- Ability to travel away from primary work location for 1-7 days for a total of approximately 3 to 4 weeks per year.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!