Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
The Plant Technician will report to the Control Room Manager and perform outside activities as directed by the Control Room Manager which would include power plant equipment readings, safety walks, scheduled maintenance activities, and remote monitoring of power generation of various technologies for company projects from a 24-hour Control Room. The Plant Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of any power plant equipment for which they have completed qualifications. The Plant Technician will complete the Control Room Operator qualification program and become a fully qualified Control Room Operator responsible for the safe operation of all facilities under their control and will make decisions and adjustments as needed to safely maximize generation.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Performs routine preventative and predictive maintenance as assigned
- Support repair and preventative maintenance on all plant equipment
- Operates the plant equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures during routine and upset situations
- Study and qualify on all systems within a Geothermal and Solar Power Plant.
- Responsible to support LOTO on equipment and systems that an official qualification has been completed.
- Safe operation of plant heavy equipment i.e., man lift, forklift, and other mobile equipment.
- Maintains records, and reports, including plant logs associated with the power plant
- Timely completion of position related special projects as deemed appropriate and assigned by the Control Room Manager.
- Responsible for housekeeping of those areas assigned to the maintenance department
- Work within SAP PM for time confirmations, material consumptions, service entry sheets, notification creation.
- Verify correct operation of power plants through analysis of plant indications, the detection of outages, anomalies, alarms, and abnormal conditions.
- Once qualified, control the operation of the power plants, including startup and shutdown to allow for routine maintenance and other planned activities.
- Communicate with Utilities for planned and unplanned events at power plants.
- React to outages & directives immediately using EGPNA process and procedures
- Understand and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures and Operating Instructions.
- Provide telephone response to/from Independent System Operators as required
- Provide telephone response to emergency calls and emergency drills for project Emergency Action Plans and response requirements.
- Handle curtailment requests from off-takers.
- Support and complete regulatory reporting as necessary to maintain permit and regulatory compliance.
Who You Are:
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for the position.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Understanding of thermodynamic and basic electrical principles
- Operational power plant experience is a plus.
- Ability to work both day and night rotating 12-hour shifts.
- Willingness to work scheduled and directed overtime when required.
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.
- A valid driver’s license operable in all 50 states and Canada and a clean driving record. A clean driving records means:
- In the last 3 years, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offenses, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents.
- In the last 5 years, no major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, refusal to test, leaving the scene, driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or at-fault fatal accident.
What Enel Offers You:
• A rapidly growing yet well-established business, • Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., • Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., • One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., • Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., • Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.