IGT (NYSE:IGT) is a global leader in gaming. We deliver entertaining and responsible gaming experiences for players across all channels and regulated segments, from Lotteries and Gaming Machines to Sports Betting and Digital. Leveraging a wealth of compelling content, substantial investment in innovation, player insights, operational expertise, and leading-edge technology, our solutions deliver unrivaled gaming experiences that engage players and drive growth. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has approximately 10,500 employees. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
As an industry game changer, IGT is the world’s leading gaming technology company focused on design and development of cutting edge, casino-style entertainment. IGT leverages its vast content library and pushes the boundaries of global game development to deliver the next generation of great gaming experiences to players around the world. So if you want to create products for your favorite casino and you’re a game changer with a vision, we invite you to Come Out and Play!
We are seeking a passionate, adaptive, and pioneering Game Mathematician that is ready to take their creativity and industry leading skills to the next-generation of gaming. Blending expertise with innovation and mathematical logic with creativity, this individual will help define engaging entertainment that will appeal and showcase original experiences to a wide player audience. This position will use their talents to constructively communicate and leverage a motivated cross disciplined team, participate and grow in a collaborative environment, and help impact the industry with their innovative solutions.
This is a remote US position, but you must have direct industry experience.
· Collaborate and partner with game producer to create best game experience
· Conceptualize game designs and create mathematical models that align with defined constraints and exhibit predetermined behavioral characteristics
· Demonstrate leadership in designing all aspects of a math design including implementation and gameplay
· Actively work on multiple projects concurrently, as strong multitasking is essential
· Have meticulous attention to detail to achieve optimal designs, including math models, game logic, par sheets and customer-facing communication
· Have a demonstrated track record in mentoring other mathematicians and development staff in order to share innovative solutions and help shape other project features
· Test mathematical outcomes to assure quality and that accurate calculations are achieved (through excel and programming)
· Maintain active field research, analysis and industry knowledge to clearly understand and convey player profiles to develop new features and products
· Create and own writing the game logic for all assigned games utilizing proprietary tools
· Extensively play test all games in studio development with detailed verbal or written feedback around all aspects of the player experience: math, art, sound, messaging, game pacing and user interface
· Analyze performance data from the marketplace to help identify future game mechanics and industry trends
· Use advanced mathematical and statistical concepts and theories to analyze and collect data and construct solutions to business problems
· Collaborate with other mathematicians to create robust and optimum software
· Develop & demonstrate an understanding of the platforms, best practices and processes used to develop the logic engine supporting the math on the games
· Lead and participate in iterative mathematical design reviews
· Work with producers, artists, engineers, and others throughout development
First Year Goals:
· Create math models and tune math and game play experience for multiple assigned projects in the portfolio using propriety math tools
· Deliver mathematical documentation and code game logic for all assigned games
· Contribute to the growth of the individual and the game design team by providing unique game & industry insights
· Has minimum of 3+ years of slot machine game mathematical design
· Has led and executed the design of previous successful games in the market
· Has designed, or been involved in the design, of 10+ games
· Has a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Demonstrates ability to create well-structured, well-documented, maintainable programs in C/C++/C# (or comparable language), and some familiarity with Python
· Has strong expertise in Combinatorics, Probability Theory and Statistics
· Has knowledge of object-oriented program design
· Demonstrates outstanding data analysis and presentation skills
· Must work well with creative conflict in a collaborative environment
· Has a long-standing passion for playing games of multiple genres
· Has a passion in slots and casino games
· Is able to communicate effectively with different disciplines within the development studio
· Is a naturally curious mind interested in zeroing in on what existing and potential players and customers want
· Must demonstrate listening, advocacy, teaching, and sharing as a mentor to junior game mathematicians
· Is self-driven, responsible and detail oriented
· Can multi-task and deliver high quality work on time
· Can tolerate moderate to occasional high levels of stress
· Flexible to adapt in an evolving industry and environment
· Able to receive design and math direction and provide multiple solutions
· Able to obtain a gaming license
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
In addition to a competitive benefits package, we offer generous time-off plans, a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, and free identity theft insurance to name a few.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.