As a shipper, this position will provide administrative support for the daily operations of the Traffic/Logistics department. Freight auditing will consist of investigating freight shipments and its invoice payment information against our carrier contracts and applicable rates. The goal is to identify billing discrepancies and verify/dispute overcharges made by the carrier and ensuring accuracy of transportation invoices and keeping Nilfisk in good financial standing with carriers. Freight claims consist of gathering information to process and file freight claims. Responsible for the tracking and tracing of LTL shipments but will also include some FTL and small package shipments. Perform any directly related appropriate duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
% OF TIME
Process weekly freight invoices for domestic and international business. This includes coding and price validation, invoice disputes, maintaining invoice log, balancing of incoming checks. Also, responsible for various Invoice / Aging reports. 40%
Ensure that all the required documentation and computer entries are completed accurately in accordance with all company policies to meet the filing of Freight Claims on a timely basis. 20%
Coordinate with trucking companies to schedule shipments and trucking activity in support of delivery and receipt schedules in an efficient, timely and cost-efficient manner. Coordinate with other operational groups, internal and external customers, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of shipments, material receipts, and other traffic activities. 20%
Assist with export shipments and export freight documents. 10%
Identify and implement process and methods improvements that increase the efficiency and contribution of the Department. 5%
Other duties as assigned. 5%
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the traffic logistic field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in working with logistic carriers.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent email etiquette.
- Invoice auditor experience.
- Freight claims experience.
- LTL / FTL domestic moves experience.
- General knowledge of Ocean, Air, LTL, TL, or Rail freight contracts, pricing, and or billing practices is recommended.
KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Skilled in efficient traffic activities and daily operations.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize multiple high-priority tasks.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to handle problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel
- Exposure to ERP systems, such as BAAN
- Exposure to MS Access would be a plus
- Experience with TMS (Mercury Gate a plus)
Let’s create a cleaner future together
Clean is changing. Today, cleaning is a key contributor to health and safety, and a new clean is emerging, driven by technology and innovation. At Nilfisk we are a driving force in this development, and we work as one team with one agenda, supporting each other across an exciting, dynamic organization. Being part of Nilfisk means having the freedom to speak your mind and do what you do best. You will thrive by having a hands-on approach and the drive to bring your great ideas to life. At Nilfisk you can lead, innovate and collaborate for a cleaner future. Are you ready to make a change?
Any job offer will be contingent upon proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Nilfisk will evaluate any legitimate requests for medical or religious accommodation.
Nilfisk, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity