Who is Martin Sprocket & Gear?
Martin is a progressive leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk Material Handling Industry, classified as an essential business. We are proud of our rich heritage dating back to our beginning in 1951 as a family-run organization. Fast forward to today, we have more than 30 locations in North America.
Why is it great to work for us?
As an employer of choice, we offer a stable work environment with equal leadership development and career growth opportunities. We take great pride in our people and believe they are our greatest asset.
- Affordable Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Profit Trust Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
- Shift differential's
- 2nd Shift: 6% added to an hourly wage
- 3rd Shift: 8% added to an hourly wage
What will you do?
In this role, you will move product and raw materials for delivery to our internal customers. You may also load the product onto motor freight when needed.
- Assist work cell operators by moving raw material in and out of work centers
- Remove waste product and empty into appropriate dumpsters
- Move product to next step in process using a forklift and/or electric pallet jack
- Load product onto motor freight when necessary
- Move completed product to storage area or shipping
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and safe manner
- Coordinate work orders when they are ready for production
- Maintain inventory highs/lows based on established manufacturing demands
- General clerical tasks and other duties as assigned
- Pick products from warehouse shelves and floor locations
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned
- Participate in a safety program
- Schedule: 3rd Shift, Sunday - Thursday, 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for engaged individuals that are adaptable to a changing environment, take pleasure in learning and enjoy working with others.
- Requires previous experience with sit-down, propane, and electric forklifts
- Able to perform maneuvers with forklifts and pallet jacks in narrow spaces
- Average math skills, simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning products
- Prior experience with safety programs and training
- Able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company's timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Consistently stand for an entire shift
- Knowledge of basic warehouse functions is a plus, as is general mechanical knowledge
- Ability to work with others and be a team player
- Ability to evaluate loads and effect on the capacity of forklifts
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company's Paragould, Arkansas branch to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.