The primary responsibility of the Forklift Operator is to efficiently and effectively move product and material to and from the processing/packaging lines and trucks for transfer between plants. Take great care moving material inbound or outbound on trucks by the use of the Company Mobility system, additionally report any issue with the functionality of the Forklift.
1. Responsible for keeping the warehouse organized to utilize first in first out (FIFO).
2. Excellent driving skills - operate push pull attachment effectively.
3. Must be able to multi-task, effectively and efficiently.
4. Maintain license for operating the forklift which includes the use of Mobility (company barcode system.
5. Document the inspection of all trailers before loading.
6. Ensure product is loaded in good condition, counts are correct and trailer is not overloaded.
7. Maintain correct inventory (help cycle count warehouse). Is required to have a working knowledge of item #’s and weights.
8. Maintain warehouse, keep area clean, orderly, and maintain correct locations and Id of all items in the warehouse.
9. Must comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings and follow all plant and safety rules.
10. Follows all good manufacturing practices as set by the company policy.
11. All other duties as assigned.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
• Demonstrates accountability for his/her own performance.
• Treats others with respect in all circumstances.
• Enjoys making a significant contribution to the overall team.
• Develops the greatest possible trust in our Company based on how he/she conducts his/her self each and every day.
• Demonstrates the utmost in character and integrity in everything he/she does.
Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position:
Education and/or Experience:
• Previous experience working around processing equipment preferred. Will be required to be Forklift Certified.
• Must have effective oral communication skills to communicate with supervisor and co-workers. In addition, must have the ability to read and write and accurately complete paperwork.
• This position requires self-confidence and maturity to make decisions to solve problems with minimal direction. Must be a team player, react to change productively, be flexible, and accept change. Good decision making skills with the ability to think ahead.
• Position requires performing heavy lifting, up to 75 lbs. Must be physically active and able to work around hot temperatures. Able to work under pressure with time limitations. Good hand/eye coordination, and 20/20 corrected vision. Should be able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods, follow safety precautions, and utilize cleaning chemicals and sanitizers safely. Must be able to start work at least one half hour early each day, stay late on many occasions. Must be able to work weekends (Saturdays and possible Sundays), and work at different facilities (Idaho Falls). Tolerate cold conditions. Teamwork is a must.