Monday - Friday 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- The Forklift Operator A is responsible for ensuring finished product is correctly and safely loaded for shipment by operating a forklift to load freight for outbound shipment.
- Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Stay within the allotted time frame for outbound shipments. Assess the Bill of Lading (BOL) to determine customers order correctly.
- Inspect and verify all materials meet quality specifications, shipments and/or receiving.
- Receive inbound items and ensure proper storage of those items, matching items to BOL.
- Manage applicable warehouses and outside storage areas.
- Correctly placard items for inventory, correctly fill out inventory pallet and inventory sheets and damage inventory.
- Stack or restack product onto pallets as needed.
- Performs pre-operational equipment checks and monitors forklift performance and gauges during operation.
- Keeps areas clean and free of clutter.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must meet assessment requirements.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and act on product specifications, SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), PWI (Process Work Instructions), AIQ processes, and similar documents.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with team leader, shipping/receiving clerks, scheduler, supervisors, customers, drivers, etc.
- Possess ability to read and accurately interpret bills of lading.
- Must satisfy the spirit of WE CARE.
- Must have knowledge and ability to learn computer programs, including JDE and RFSMART.
- Must be able to sit on forklift throughout shift.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently.
- Bending reaching, twisting, stooping, walking and climbing stairways and ladders frequently.
- Good sight and hearing to avoid hazard.
- Must be able to function in the required role while wearing appropriate PPE including, but not limited to: Safety glasses, hearing protection, dust mask, protective coveralls, and pother as may be required by a hot/cold, dusty, loud industrial environment.
- Must be available and willing to work different shifts and overtime as necessary.