Start here, end here. There is a reason why we have so many employees with 20+ years with the company-Pace offers careers. Join us in becoming the premier die casting manufacturer and engineering solutions supplier worldwide.
As a Finish Operator you will be responsible for running machine tools to produce precision metal parts utilizing aluminum and zinc die castings. The performance of these operations involves the use of hydraulic presses, belt sanding, robotic sanders, shot blasting machines, vibratory tumblers, and a variety of hand tools. Once properly trained, operators are responsible for safely operating equipment, meeting production rates, recognizing quality and production issues, as well as keeping the work area clean and completing daily paperwork.
- Operate hydraulic and mechanical trim presses in the Finishing and Die Cast departments.
- Assist in the secondary activities by performing machining, sub-assembly work, operating vibratory tumblers, or finishing on die castings.
- Perform timely quality checks, per our quality plans, recognize quality problems.
- Stop machine and make recommendations to leadership to correct problems that could hinder a machine's performance, reduce output, or affect quality or delivery.
- Participate in the Continuous Quality Improvement Process.
- Perform general housekeeping activities to maintain a clean, safe work environment.
- Deliver metal parts or stock to designated work areas for machining.
- Lift metal part or stock onto machine and secure it on machine table, in chuck, or holding fixture to assist in setting up machine.
- Feed metal parts or stock into automatic metal working machines and remove machined part from machine after prescribed period or at end of machining cycle.
- Load and unload materials, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids, or conveyors.
- Lift boxes of parts, remove parts from hoppers, and bend to adjust boxes.
- Exposure to hot temperatures, liquid cutting fluids, and potential for injury to hands or arms.
- Follow the requirements of the Quality Policy, ISO/TS system, and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Must have high school diploma or equivalent. Must have at least 1 year of steady work history. Must be able to read and understand written directives. The predominate form of instructions are visual and verbal. Ability to read, write and use math required. This is a physically demanding position requiring moderately heavy lifting, dexterity, and good mechanical skills. Able to lift 50 pounds.
Pace is a career destination for engaged, passionate and talented people who are driven to seek the innovation, growth and opportunity that only we offer.