Are you looking to expand your leadership and FP&A skills in a new direction? This is your opportunity! As an FP&A Manager I you will be expected to manage and coordinate our Business Areas and Organizational Departs supporting financial review, trend analysis, budgeting and performance. This role will be instrumental in delivering strategic analyses towards attaining business objectives and driving core planning and reporting responsibilities. You will participate in direct/indirect planning and tracking, provide oversight into Business Area’s and Organizations budget/forecast preparation, and cost controls. You will serve as the core liaison and business partner between the multiple teams and business operations.
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing, and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
This role is open to a hybrid schedule
- Lead and manage the FP&A Department in monitoring and analyzing financials on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, including income statements, cash flow statements, and balance sheets
- Create financial models to analyze trends, make financial projections, and assess financial risks and opportunities
- Help develop standardized financial management and reporting tools; create internal control systems to ensure good financial management and enable early detection of errors
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to complex business performance issues to define and execute action plans.
- Analyze, benchmark, and report on financial results and key metrics, synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and proposing solutions
- Create dashboards and reports to surface data and track key performance metrics for various stakeholders
- Manage a team of four analysts; Will be required to mentoring, provide career development, training, succession planning, and conducting yearly reviews
- A Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or a related field and 6 years or more of related work experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports and/or projections
- Accounting/FP&A skills, including knowledge of Accounting/Finance principles, standards and techniques, financial modeling, trend analysis and cost reduction, and cash flow management
- Strong financial planning, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experienced with financial planning software programs, such as Adaptive, SAP, Excel, SQL,
- Advanced modeling skills with the ability to swiftly and effectively translate ambiguity into succinct outputs for budgeting and risk analysis
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work independently to deliver accurate, high-quality outputs with minimal oversight
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to make clear, persuasive presentations to management, clients, or other stakeholders
- Ability to recognize potential financial problems, engage in strategic planning and analysis of financial resources, markets, and products, assist upper management in making sound, profitable financial decisions
- Strong business analytical skills with experience in FP&A Software Implementation
- Knowledge of DoD, government contracting and/or public auditing, policies, standards, and procedures
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, SNC Is required to comply with protocols. SNC aligns its COVID requirements, including mandatory vaccine requirements for employees, based on the status of applicable court orders and injunctions. SNC will take no action to implement the requirements in locations subject to a court order prohibiting the enforcement of Executive Order 14042 protocols. The status of these protocols are subject to change depending on the course of ongoing litigation, and candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID vaccination or have an approved exemption.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.