Job Location: Fort Smith, AR - Fort Smith, AR
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Job Shift: Day
Sign-on Bonus will be available for the experienced Heavy Equipment Field Technician.
The Technician can be located anywhere in Northwest Arkansas. The role will be dispatched out of their home location, with support available from the Springdale branch office.
Job Summary: The technician will perform repair work at customer job sites on a wide variety of equipment ranging from complete machine overhauls to minor repairs such as fixing leaks, changing fluids and filters. Other types of repairs may include rebuild components such as engines, transmissions, hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic pumps. Some locations have test equipment to dyno test engines, hydraulic pumps and transmissions. Installations may include undercarriage on track machines, attachments on plumbing excavators for hammers or scalers; quick coupler attachments on loaders, excavators and backhoes.
Perform daily and operational activities in the service department to include the following, but not limited to:
- Troubleshoot equipment problem/diagnose failure
- Perform diagnostic functions, check pressures, check voltage, locate source of noise or vibration
- Disassemble machine, order parts, make repairs, assemble machine, check machine operation make sure repairs are complete and confirm problem is fixed unit has no leaks, and is work ready
- Clean parts, scrape gaskets, prep for assembly
- Responsible for a company vehicle and will travel regionally on a daily basis
- Maintain safety requirements
- Travel to job sites and vendor training sessions as needed
- Overtime as needed
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent, a 2 year technical degree or comparable military training or equivalent experience is preferred
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the heavy equipment industry or a related field
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Excellent written and oral communication and basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient with a computer, including the use of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and diagnostic use using manufacturer provided programs.
- Must have a good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions, electrical and hydraulic systems and how they are integrated
- Ability to stoop, kneel, push, pull, twist and carry and lift up to 70lbs.
- Ability to climb and perform work on heights of 20 feet
- Able to work in all types of weather conditions
- Capable of working with limited supervision / self-starter
- Maintain excellent customer service
- Must be able to pass a background, physical, and drug screen