Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next career!
Supports the Munitions and Environmental Remediation Department with the destruction, production, storage, receipt, shipment, inspection, maintenance, or testing of explosive ordnance items or components to meet productivity and quality goals at the Hawthorne Army Depot, Hawthorne, Nevada. Position reports to the Director of Operations, Ammunition Demilitarization Operations.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which Acuity International is recognized. Actively support and uphold the Company’s stated vision, mission, and values.
- Direct supervisor for munition handlers, munitions destroyers, and munitions controllers
- Oversee various demilitarization processes as tasked
- Monitor and evaluate progress toward operational goals
- Improve operations efficiency
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs as directed
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with all relevant project stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short-term goals
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure project resource availability and allocation
- Must possess thorough knowledge of the number of employees needed to accomplish work to ensure that areas are not overloaded beyond explosive limits set by the Safety Department
- Must possess a current and extensive knowledge of EPA and waste handling requirements and local regulations concerning environmental regulations and guidelines
- Provides general instructions, standard procedures, overall priorities, and policies, and ensures operations are safe and accomplishes an adequate quantity and quality of work. Work is reviewed for efficient and economical accomplishment within priorities and controls received
- Follows all pertinent contractual, local, state, and federal compliance documents and procedures
- Checks tools, material, and equipment for safety and maintains constant vigilance thorough the visual inspection to prevent accidents
- Supervise the removal of trash and dunnage and maintain a clean, secure, and safe work area to include but not limited to pulling weeds, emptying trash, cleaning work and common areas, and restrooms in or around explosive operations buildings and/or magazines
- Accurately record and report all Munition and Munition component accountability and discrepancies to the appropriate authority
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 7 years of experience in ammunition demilitarization activities or a combination of education and experience
- Prior experience at Hawthorne Army Depot as a munition handler, munitions destroyer, or field supervisor
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of government security clearance as well as a clearance through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and be favorably vetted through the NCIC III System and Common Access Card (CAC), and must pass local agency background check
- Must satisfactorily complete the Training and Certification Program for Personnel Working Ammunition Operations required by AMC Regulation 350-4 within 90 days of hire
- Must possess polished verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate company practices with senior executives, project managers, clients, employees, and government officials
- Intermediate user level of computer systems; Microsoft office software, Adobe Acrobat, databases, and documentation control systems
- Must act with high ethical values and uphold corporate philosophy
- Must live within commuting distance of the Hathorne Army Depot
- Must possess valid driver’s license and Real ID
- Good time management, prioritization, and multitasking abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with colleagues
- Effective communication, including speaking, writing and active listening
- Able to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism from a variety of channels
- Great strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- Methodical about analyzing processes and systems to fully understand their functions
- Proactive research skills used in seeking out opportunities to advance and improve the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Leadership skills, such as motivation, goal setting and monitoring progress
- Comfortable in a high-pressure environment
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Pass an annual OSHA physical and no notice and semi-annual drug screenings
- Ability to wear a respirator and PAPR
- Work involves a small percent of sitting and the remainder of the time devoted to walking, standing, stooping, and bending
- Spends nearly all working time outside, in all kinds of weather and extremes of temperature
- May be required to do moderate lifting from 15 to 85 pounds for instruction and emergency situations
- Alertness is required to observe conformity to the various specifications as issued in instructions to accomplish the job
- Color vision is a very important fact to be able to distinguish various color codes for identification of ammunition.
About Acuity International: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Acuity employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The company’s website is https://acuityinternational.com/.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Acuity is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is:
JANUS ESOP HOLDINGS LLC