Field Service Technician 2
FMH Conveyors is a world-class manufacturer of conveying equipment built to increase truck loading and unloading efficiency in even the toughest shipping and receiving environments. Our solutions help customers across multiple industries expedite their supply chains, integrate automation and drive greater productivity throughout their operations.
FMH Conveyors has a long history of delivering solutions for fluid/loose truck loading and unloading applications with trusted product brands. The former companies known as Flexible Material Handling and Best Conveyors came together in 2015 as FMH Conveyors. The goal was to combine their knowledge and global resources to deliver higher value to material handling customers with an enhanced product portfolio, an applications-focused team of design and configuration experts, and an expansive service and support network.
**This position requires 80% travel regionally**
*This candidate would ideally be located in Las Vegas, NV or Phoenix, AZ*
The Field Service Technician position reports to the Service Manager and works closely with Sales Managers, Engineers and Operations Leaders to ensure customer expectations are exceeded with every assignment. The Field Service Technician travels to customer sites to perform planned services, troubleshoot issues, make repairs, recommend spare parts, and provide upgrades/modernizations.
The Field Service Technician is also responsible to deliver total equipment lifecycle management services including installation, start-up/commissioning, preventive maintenance, emergency repairs, audits and training. A qualified candidate will be self-motivated, professional, energetic, positive, and disciplined to be able to perform in time-pressured and intensive work environments.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct field service calls at customer sites to provide installation, commissioning, emergency repair, preventive maintenance, audits, retrofits and training services
- Perform mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC programs and servo drive configuration
- Conduct site visit meetings with customer contacts to include explanation of job scope and work completed
- Conduct training with customer’s personnel to ensure understanding of the sequence of operations, proper functionality, and general maintenance of equipment
- Dismantle machines for refurbishment or relocation
- Perform quality control tests on repaired equipment, as needed
- Achieve service delivery goals including response time, first time fix and customer satisfaction rates
- Communicate effectively with field service management and internal service support team to efficiently resolve customer issues
- Provide technical support to customers via phone and email, including off-hour and weekend emergency technical support on a scheduled rotation
- Responsible for timely and accurate documentation of all service activities
- Provide equipment reliability feedback to quality engineering and collaborate on improvements
- Attend training classes and technician meetings as required
- Participate in cross-training and cross-functional teams with other Duravant operating companies
- Comply to industry, company and customer safe working practices
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Solid knowledge and interaction of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic components
- Interpret complex technical information involving mechanics and electronics, including schematics
- AB CompactLogix PLC and RSLogix500/5000 programming
- Minor modifications to PLC programs including ability to add rungs, add timers, open and close contacts
- Access networks though PLC to troubleshoot issues, download and upload programs.
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) parameter configuration
- Microsoft Windows Office Suite of applications, terminal emulation software, networking communication
- Analytical ability to solve problems and determine root causes
- Ability to make timely, informed decisions that consider facts, goals, constraints, and risks
- Self-Management – Manages time and resources to achieve objectives
- Effective communication skills – written and verbal
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics is desired
- Two years of experience in the maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of large capital equipment required.
- Strong mechanical and electrical background required
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license, a U.S. passport, and a good driving record.
- Experience and ability to travel extensively, up to 80%, including overnights as necessary and some weekends throughout the week away from home. International travel may be required occasionally.
- Military experience a plus
During the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, crouch, walk, talk, hear, and drive, use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, may be required to climb and work in high places, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulders. The incumbent must occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, moderate cold and moderate heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but at times loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.