Job Title: Field Service Technician
Summary: Serves customers by installing and servicing systems and products.
Responsibilities: What you’ll Do:
- Provide service and customer support during field visits.
- Manage and execute all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnose technical and customer issues/problems while maintaining the highest possible level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical training on our products.
- Define/drive part sales though training/reviews.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Accurately document field changes and processes in support of future product modifications, ongoing service support, and potential warranty claims.
- Establishes service requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts to complete service requests.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports/Sales Force ticket updates.
- Knowledgeable regarding all products manufactured by USSC and USSC suppliers.
- Build positive relationships with customers.
- Perform projects, as requested, that are concerned with product offerings, product process and documentation improvement and company growth.
- Effectively schedule trips.
- Observe all company rules and safety practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: What you’ll Need:
- You possess a high school diploma.
- 1-3 years’ work as a technician or equivalent mechanical ability; other relevant experience will be considered.
- Automotive or transit experience preferred.
- Proficient at reading blueprints and the use of hand tools or other tools required for the job.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Flexible regarding working hours and travel.
- Able to travel extensively including possibly weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and passport and be able to travel internationally.
- Knowledge of computerized business systems, Excel, Word, email, and general personal computer skills.
- Outstanding oral communication skills including tack and diplomacy which would be utilized during customer service, conflict management, development of relationships with internal and external contact.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and diverse projects including, analytical thinking, planning, prioritizing, problem solving, decision making and carrying out assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- You can follow verbal and written instructions, directions and other communication in English.
- Safety is at the forefront of your mind when you are working and you gladly follow all safety policies to promote a safe working environment at USSC.
- You bring with you a positive attitude and the ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the person in this role. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person in this role, nor is it intended that this description represents all the work that may be required of a person in this position.
Here at United Safety, we embrace the core values that make us great.P A S S I O N to build the future together.People Attitude Service Safety Innovation One Company Nimble United Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer