Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2021, employed approximately 5,700 people in its worldwide businesses. Brady’s fiscal 2021 sales were approximately $1.14 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC. More information is available on the Internet at www.bradyid.com.
Position Reports To: Field Operations Manager or Field Service Engineer Supervisor
Position Summary: Overall the Brady Field Engineer will be performing on-site Lock-Out, Tag-Out (LOTO) evaluations and be tasked with generating client Visual Lock-Out Procedures. Typical job activities will include supporting the sales team, working with clients to determine the best method of LOTO procedure generation for their sites and then executing the gathering of the required data, writing, generating, and performing installation of energy isolation point identifying tags and the LOTO procedures.
This position is home office based and is required to reside in the midwest or east coast region within (50) miles of a major metropolitan national airport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manage assigned projects and interface directly with clients from job kick off through job close out; including weekly communication with client including a recap of the work completed for that week and the plan for the following week
- Communicate weekly to the Brady Project Manager the status of your projects and update the Brady Project Management system to accurately reflect the status of projects and ensure key client communications are captured
- Professionally and efficiently complete client LOTO Procedures; completion means to field, write, print, laminate and install energy isolation point identifying tags and the LOTO procedures
- Communicate project delays to the Brady Project Manager as soon as possible; stating the reason for the delay and anything you have done to resolve the issue with an estimated time of that will be needed to finish the project due to the delay.
- Be the face of Brady to the client; conducting yourself in a professional manner and ensuring you are engaged with the client and acting in accordance with their expectations. Your customer service skills have a great impact on the efficiency of the project and the clients view of our company
- Perform audits of client’s procedures and generate reports to highlight which procedures need updated
- Perform assessments of client’s equipment and generate reports that clearly spell out the various types of equipment, numbers of isolation points and other relevant energy control information
- Work with Brady Project Managers to accurately track all hours and expenses associated with every project
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in the field of equipment maintenance or equipment isolation
- In lieu of education, 5 years of practical experience in the field of equipment maintenance or equipment isolation is acceptable
- Must be proficient in the OSHA requirements of Equipment Lock-Out, Tag-Out and Verification and be able to convey these requirements to clients
- Must possess knowledge of OSHA requirements of Confined Space and be able to convey these requirements to clients; including Confined Space assessment, classifications and permitting requirements.
- Self-directed and able to solve problems in the field with no supervision
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to interface with customers including maintenance, safety, and plant engineering personnel; as well as with upper levels of management
- Requires good technical ability, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in the generation of technical reports including recommendations to clients
- 50 – 70% US based, overnight travel and on-site field work is required
- Valid driver’s license
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited university or college
- Knowledge of NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, and OSHA requirements in relation to arc flash and electrical distribution
- Ability to understand installed electrical distribution systems, electrical schematic diagrams, and engineering documentation