The Field Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently perform all field product movement functions.
- Obtain tank gauge, temperature and water cut.
- Proper setting of tank and line valves.
- Connection, pumping off and disconnection of butane railcars at the butane unloading yards.
- Preparation of all related paperwork.
- Safe operation of various product pumps and compressors.
- Must maintain a working knowledge and understanding of all product pipelines, valves, manifolds, and jumpers.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials) for access to IMTT’s terminal locations.
Skills and Abilities
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
- Ability to make decisions in a variable environment.
- Ability to communicate with all other terminal departments.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions).
- Must able to operate manual valves.
- Must be able to properly distinguish measurements and increments on a gauging tape and pressure gauges.
- Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- This position requires the ability to work rotating shifts and perform overtime and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
- Occasional travel may be necessary, sometimes with little or no advance notice.
Physical and Environmental Demand
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to work in the outside element.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- This would require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, bend, stand, or stoop, as necessary.
- Ability to perform climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling and moderate lifting.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, over water and not be afraid of heights.
- Ability to wear and use a respirator
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The company reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary with or without notice.