As a Manager of Category Leadership on our Walmart/Sam's sales team, you will improve category MAPS at the customer. You will join the sales team in penetrating important customer decision makers to present category development plans, and work with headquarter Category Leadership (CL), Business Development and Business Planning organizations in the development of category plans. You will manage new item presentation development and all aspects of shelving our products in a category friendly way. You will also identify opportunities to improve competitive advantage and enhance Conagra Brands' stature with the customer. You will report to a Director of Category Leadership.
- Oversee the customer interface at the category level, with focus on improving customer and company sales/profits
- Work with sales, marketing, insights, retail effectiveness, and other category leadership resources to implement category programs
- Be an expert on Category Leadership tools and capabilities
- Master customer loyalty card data
- Lead category strategy and review meetings with customers; assist brand-based, Category Leadership programs
- Develop tools to diagnose new category opportunities
- Understand opportunity gaps and build case and sales stories to close gaps
- Give consumer/category input within customer joint business planning (JBP) to help refine plan elements based on consumer and category knowledge
- Improve field sales capability to use insights
- Monitor industry trends and competitive activity to identify opportunities to improve capabilities/advantage in the market
- Improve shelf position for brands while maintaining a shopper/category first approach
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years related CPG industry experience in the sales arena or a combination of sales and syndicated data experience (Nielsen/IRI)
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Data integration and interpretation experience
- Project management skills
- Experience flexing across multiple work streams
Our Modern Workplace:
Conagra’s culture of collaboration enhances our ability to meet critical business goals, deliver value to customers and consumers and provide you with the flexibility you need to achieve a better work-life balance. We carefully consider each role and how often each team member needs to collaborate in-person. At this time, you will be asked to go in to our Rogers office as needed for business meetings. We ask that you be located within a commutable distance of the Rogers office.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, paternal leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.