Job Summary: Perform exemplary maintenance services to ensure heavy equipment ownership and operating costs exceed customer standards. Use Holt Trucks' digital tools to capture and report issues pertaining to the equipment's operation and performance to maximize uptime. Lastly, the incumbent must successfully work with Holt’s central dispatch team for logistics and communicate directly with customers to confirm job requirements, location, and timeline.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices daily: 1) Demonstrate alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaborate with key internal/external resources; 3) Participate in ongoing self-development.
- Performs high-quality preventative maintenance field service work and electronic inspections on both heavy and medium-duty trucks and trailers.
- Effectively maintain and communicate a field service schedule to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Desire to challenge self with an abundance mindset to achieve the highest levels of performance and quality.
- Adaptable and understanding of changes to schedules and timelines.
- Accurately obtain the package, and submit required compartment fluid samples daily.
- Maintains appearance and operation of service truck to ensure productivity and professional representation to Holt customers.
- Works safely always and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A self-motivated, thoughtful individual with a high energy level, able to work alone or with others in a field environment.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and customers.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to interact with tact and courtesy and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated proficiency with current computer software and related hardware.
- Knowledge of heavy and medium-duty trucks and related equipment.
- Ability to read and understand equipment service manuals and lubrication charts.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures and practices
Education and Experience:
- More than two years of field or shop preventive maintenance of heavy and medium-duty trucks and trailers are preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record required
- Up to 20% overnight travel
- Must be able to move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Frequently moves materials or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination, and stamina.
- Ascends/descends with gradual or continuous progress by oneself, using both hands and feet and climbs up and down ladders and/or equipment.
- Be able to maneuver safely and work underneath equipment.
- Routinely reacts to visual, auditory, and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment.
- Regularly works outdoors around moving mechanical parts and noise level may be high at times.
- May be exposed to weather extremes when working outside, including inclement weather, heat, cold, and humidity.
- Exposure to small quantities of chemicals, dust, steam, high-pressure water, and high-speed rotating equipment.
- Required to perform work in cramped spaces and/or high places.
Disclaimer: Please note that the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbents so classified. All incumbents may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.