Location: Position requires travel throughout the US.
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned solution provider specializing in telecommunications, comprehensive network assessments, industry-leading engineering, drafting and design services, and 24/7 support services. Come join our team of engineers and experts that guide our customers toward the right choices to future-proof their network for years to come. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a Field Engineer-Technical Field Services (TFS) to provide technical expertise pertaining to customer network upgrades, services, field management and project administration with a full understanding of HFC distribution systems.
- Assess Outside Plant, (OSP), some Inside Plant, (ISP) hardware and infrastructure including but not limited to, plant documentation, Hybrid Fiber Coax, (HFC) active and passives, reading and understanding OSP diagrams/drawings, taking and maintaining accurate field notes, operation of a bucket truck, accessing network enclosures and nodes and operation of testing gear.
- Correct customer network failures and improve overall network performance using Sweep gear and CATV test equipment.
- Work with customers, subcontractors, and other team members in the field to define, collect, and determine information from customers and customer facilities for project requirements.
- Implement and manage a team of technically sound, customer-minded, and quality focused TFS technicians and subcontractors tasked with delivery of best-in-the-world services to CCI Systems, Inc. customers.
- Assign daily workload to in-house technical staffing and subcontract labor to enable TFS to fulfill contract obligations with customers.
- Approve weekly project documentation; this includes subcontractor production reporting, in-house employee production reporting, technical documentation, and other necessary documentation.
- Meet with customers at local level to discuss any project related issues.
- Conduct targeted system sweeps, document findings, and deliver system reports.
- Perform head end and meter set up.
- Troubleshoot with and use standard OSP tools to include but not limited to TDR, OTDR, light meter and signal strength meter, spectrum analyzer.
- Perform DOCSIS 3.1 Testing and assessments.
- Calculate system signal losses and make necessary adjustments to resolve issues.
- Reduce and diagnose upstream noise within the cable system.
- Understanding the project SOW and escalation process for deviations.
- Report accurate daily project updates for productivity tracking and project billing.
- Define, develop, and share technical knowledge and stay current on technical advancements.
- Install/align/optimize HFC equipment including but not limited to fiber optic nodes, and related equipment.
- Install in-line devices on system backbone (node, amplifiers, line extenders, taps, splitters, and power supplies) as necessary.
- Ensure the proper development and training of new employees to assigned project.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Field Services and TFS Consulting Services Engineer.
Skills we are looking for
- Prior experience in the CATV service provider space required.
- Sweep/Certification required.
- Full understanding of Viavi/JDSU gear regarding sweep; includes head end and meter set up.
- Test equipment will include but not limited to the following:
- VIAVI SCU 1800 Sweep Generator, VIAVI OneExpert ONX-630, VIAVI DSP TDR, OTDR, VOM, and Light Meter.
- DOCSIS testing experience required.
- Full understanding of an HFC head end; combining, optics (forward and return), and basic understanding of CMTS, FTTX, and ISP.
- In-depth understanding of OSP (outside plant) and proficient in troubleshooting.
- Test result evaluation and reporting.
- Consulting background and experience working with multiple customers is preferred.
- DOT Certification & Bucket Truck and Safety Certifications preferred.
- Able to work independently on projects and take direction from teammates and develop skills to advance professionally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work within timelines.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to positively influence others, mentor, and collaborate with teammates, communicate on the level of others, listen, and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace.
- The ability to embrace corporate values, understand the company vision, and exemplify CCI leadership behaviors.
Shift is Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but must be able to work outside normal business hours when required.
- Approximately 50-75% travel is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- This is a remote position when not traveling.
CCI Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.