Requisition ID: 162959
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Central District
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer II, you will be the primary and lead engineer on the Project, and report directly to the Project Manager. All field level and office level Engineers report directly to the Engineer II. As an Engineer II, you will be expected to be a job-site leader in health and safety, ensuring quality of reporting and workmanship, and that all engineering work is completed in a professional and ethical manner. You main functions will include contract administration, project planning and scheduling, and project reporting, and you will play an advisory role to Project Management for contractual, legal, and other project issues. #LI-WJ1
Kiewit’s Central District is one of our largest infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil, structural concrete/bridge, water/wastewater, and transportation projects. We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more - so be ready to get your hands dirty! While headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the majority of our work is concentrated in the Central and South-Central regions of the United States. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry rather than design.
• Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision
• Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work
• Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages
• Assist in field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data
• Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets
• Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s)
• Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training
• Order and schedule material deliveries
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite
• Supervise field operations
• Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications and other contract documents
• Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations
• Assist Engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use
• Participate in the preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested
• Schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others
• Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums
• Enter data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management
• Assist in generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager
• Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
• Assist in reviewing and analyzing historical data relative to the project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid
• Complete a plan and specification review for an assigned project, assessing the risk areas and bringing them to the attention of the Senior Estimator
• Complete material and quantity takeoffs according to bid documents
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.