CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
- As directed, promptly and efficiently carry out general labor responsibilities that may include:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at the location and comply with company policy and government regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Keep all works areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition. Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling, power washing, scraping, and cleaning up spills. Complete appropriate record keeping.
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, feed and others to customer sites.
- Prepare trucks and railcars for loading/unloading, which may require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload products from railcars and/or trucks using heavy or light duty machinery/equipment. May include bulk and or packaged material.
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Understand and operate automated scale/dump systems.
- Verify proper working order of equipment before use and maintain and repair equipment as needed for safe and efficient operation.
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader, loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general maintenance.
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to ensure facility operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer service.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Knowledge of Production and/or Operations
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet business demands
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- High School diploma or GED
- CDL license or ability to attain one with Hazmat endorsement
- Agriculture experience
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.