Stanley Consultants is seeking a Project Manager for our Federal Business Unit. Working from our office in Guam, this position provides quick response to support our clients at Andersen AFB and Naval Base Guam as well as other clients in the region. This full-time position will perform design coordination and project management in support of military base facilities, airfield, and site design projects. This includes managing activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, quality, communications, resources, and risk elements to optimize client service, quality, and fiscal responsibility.
Additionally, in support of business development efforts, aid the Business Development Manager on regional pursuits and response to requests for proposals (RFPs). The position will potentially lead a design team with responsibility for delegating work tasks, managing the work schedule and ensuring proper work coordination amongst the team and with other technical disciplines.
Work will be on projects for Department of Defense or other federal clients from a variety of branches and districts and will involve domestic and international standards.
Essential duties include:
- Participates in project scoping, costing and proposal preparation, interviews, and fee negotiations to the extent required.
- Plans, organizes, communicates, and coordinates project engagements.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of project engagements including Clients and Project Teams.
- Reviews assigned project after award to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences and develop schedules, budgets, staffing, and progress billing points.
- Prepares project opening orders, project outlines, project initiation activities, project schedules, project executions, and project closings.
- Forms and manages a project team (including outside subconsultants) and sees that responsibilities are assigned and that the execution of tasks is completed according to the project scope, schedule, budget, risk constraints, and quality requirements.
- Leads and works closely with all disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Makes recommendations on design alternatives.
- Organizes, manages and maintains project information and records.
- Achieves project performance established for the engagement.
- Achieves project objectives including quality, scopes, budgets, and schedules.
- Maintains a continuing business relationship with clients as part of ongoing business development efforts.
- Meets with client management as necessary to resolve issues and to obtain approvals throughout the project lifespan.
- Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping, and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
Background requirements include:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Current U.S. Professional Engineer (PE) or Architecture license Required.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred but not required.
- Must have experience with Uniform Building Code (UBC), Department of Defense (DoD) Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) and Unified Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS). OCONUS military planning and design experience a plus.
- Must be willing and able to travel in Asia Pacific region – approximately 15% total travel per year.
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing medium to large projects.
- Ability to manage multi-office projects and multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to lead both in-person and virtual teams.
- Thorough understanding of inter-disciplinary design coordination.
- General knowledge of construction techniques and an ability to read plans and specifications.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Common Access Card.
- Must be able to pass a ten year criminal background check as required by our federal client.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be available and willing to work flexible hours and occasional overtime.
- Must be able to travel throughout the region, commonly on flights that are 10+ hours in duration, without issue.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a company that is committed to innovative growth and improving lives in the communities where we live and work? Stanley Consultants is an award winning, interdisciplinary consulting firm providing program management, planning, design, permitting, engineering, and environmental services. Recognized for its commitment to client service and a passion to make a difference, Stanley Consultants brings global knowledge, experience, and capabilities to serve federal, municipal, and industrial clients. Stanley Consultants solves complex challenges in power generation and delivery, transportation, water, energy, and industrial plants, building services, and the environment. Since 1913, Stanley Consultants has successfully completed more than 50,000 projects globally in more than 100 countries, including all 50 of the United States and its territories.
Throughout our history, Stanley Consultants has remained an employee-owned company, committed to a legacy of professional independence and objectivity. The commitment to private ownership, shared responsibility and reward has sustained us for more than 100 years.
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.
Click Here: A Great Place to Work