Facilities Technicians are responsible for the operations and maintenance of all facilities equipment and instrumentation systems required to support the operation of a Semiconductor manufacturing facility. The focus of your work will include the deionized and reverse osmosis water, chemical delivery, chemical waste collection, wastewater treatment, bulk and specialty gas, gas monitoring, fire alarm, and HVAC systems, which includes chillers, boilers, cooling towers, air handlers. This position will require performing daily inspection, operation, and maintenance of all Facilities equipment to ensure systems are operating within specified parameters and responding to out of control and out of spec. conditions.
- Perform routine inspections and capture of pertinent information
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC, process fluid and gas distribution equipment
- Handle and transport bulk chemical and specialty gas containers
- Change out of chemical containers and gas cylinders
- Operation of wastewater treatment
- Calibration of transmitters and/or sensors
- Review, revise, and create equipment specific operation and maintenance specifications
Facilities Technician positions are physically demanding with varying working conditions and requirements.
- High School diploma or GED
- Follow and adhere to established safety practices and programs
- Train and certify to site specific safety training programs and must accept the responsibility to maintain these certifications (Respirator, SCBA, Hazardous Materials Handling, LOTO, Ladder Safety, Fall Protection, PPE, Barricade Tape, and various other site specific safety programs)
- Ability to work a 12-hour compressed shift which may include night shift
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and be self-motivated and able to interface effectively with other groups
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal format
- Initiative and ability to follow-through on complicated technical problems
- Associate Degree in Instrumentation / Electronics or Journeyman certificate in Electrical or Mechanical Trade.
- Three to five years’ experience in any or all the following:
- Knowledge and experience with HVAC systems.
- Knowledge and experience with steam boilers and associated equipment
- Knowledge and experience with fluid pumps, piping systems and control systems.
- Knowledge and experience with ultrapure water systems.
- Knowledge and experience with high pressure process and or specialty gas systems.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical distribution and motor control centers.
- Knowledge and experience with chemical handling and distribution systems.
- Knowledge and experience in Instrumentation and Controls, PLCs and VFDs
- Experience in the Facilities Department in a Semiconductor manufacturing facility.
- Refrigeration License
- Can demonstrate advanced troubleshooting principles on complex systems.
- Ability to perform complex corrective maintenance activities independently
- Ability to mentor and train less skilled Technicians
Applicants may be tested on their ability to meet these requirements and the use hand tools.
As with all positions, other duties not specifically noted in the job description will apply, either directly related to changing business conditions and/or management discretion.
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power management, analog, sensors, logic, timing, connectivity, discrete, SoC and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace and defense applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, a robust compliance and ethics program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions. For more information, visit http://www.onsemi.com.