Start here, end here. There is a reason why we have so many employees with 20+ years with the company-Pace offers careers. Join us in becoming the premier die casting manufacturer and engineering solutions supplier worldwide.
The Welder/Fabricator will apply knowledge of design and welding techniques to work on various maintenance projects. This may include the creation of new structures or repairing existing ones which will involve designing, cutting, shaping and welding metal products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
(but not limited to…)
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders and material safety data sheets to plan layout, welding and assembly operations.
- Determine required equipment and welding methods needed applying knowledge of welding and design techniques.
- Operate manual welding equipment using processes such as Tig, MiG, Arc AC/DC, Plasma Arc.
- Prepare all materials surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Will be required to use cutting equipment, such as cutting torches or plasma-arc equipment.
- Will be required to set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
- Must have a welding certification.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must obtain a forklift license to move heavy components.
- All Associates considered for this opportunity will be evaluated on:
- Setting up MiG and Arc Welder
- Horizontal and vertical welding
- Reading of Blueprints
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, from production associates to senior leaders.
- Ability to function as a team player and be comfortable leading without authority.
- Ability to build credibility and trust.
Key Position Competencies:
- Communications – Listening, Reading Comprehension, Speaking and Writing.
- Cognition – Analysis/Reasoning, Creative & Innovative Thinking, Decision Making & Judgement, and Problem Solving.
- Personal Effectiveness – Accountability & Dependability, Adaptability & Flexibility, Customer Focus, Development & Continual Learning, Ethics & Integrity, Results Focus & Initiative, Safety Focus, Self-Management, Stress Tolerance, and Tact.
- Interaction with Others – Influencing Others, Relationship Building, Teamwork and Valuing Diversity
- Occupational – Advocating Causes, Enforcing Laws, Rules & Regulations, Facilitating Groups, Interviewing Others, Providing Consultation, and Presenting Information.
- Management Qualities – Business Alignment, Coaching and Mentoring, Leadership, Fiscal Accountability, Organizational & Political Savvy, Planning & Organizing, Staff Management and Strategic Vision.
For more information about Pace Careers and future job postings, please JOIN our Talent Community at www.paceind.com/careers and follow us at:
LinkedIn: Pace Industries, LLC
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.
Pace is a career destination for engaged, passionate and talented people who are driven to seek the innovation, growth and opportunity that only we offer.