United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So - calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Military Engines is seeking a Full Stack Developer to help the F135 organization with Data Maturity and use modern digital technology in executing its fleet management, logistics, MRO&U, Supply Chain, Affordability, and operational support mission for the world’s most advanced fighter engine. The candidate will use their skills in software development, software engineering, database, user interface, reporting, and systems integration design to help implement modern data solutions. In addition, the candidate will interface with the Engine Data & Forecasting (ED&F) and Digital Technology (DT) groups to align with and leverage emerging Military Engines and enterprise-wide digital strategies.
This is a Remote role.
- Design and implement web applications and reusable APIs following cloud-native principles
- Design and implement application data storage and processing using modern data engineering techniques
- Integrate applications with Enterprise service APIs and operational systems
- Development/migration of new and existing codebases to cloud applications using application modernization techniques
- Write and validate sustainable and performant SQL queries.
- Work with Product Owner and Scrum Master on project backlog and determine the best approach for each sprint.
- Support Agile Scrum teams as a developer, delivering on software solutions.
- Support and /or implement the migration of backend existing code base to cloud-native services (AWS/Azure).
- Support and /or implement RESTful API and connectivity solutions across digital products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- A minimum 5+ years’ experience in data integration and/or ETL: Oracle/MS SQL/PostgreSQL/MySQL dialects required
- 8+ years of experience with an advanced degree required
- 3+ years of experience with Python required
- US Citizenship Due to government contracts
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, respond quickly to customer queries with a high degree of accountability to make difficult timely decisions.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal collaboration skills to understand and solve complex business challenges.
- Agile trained and or certified, full understanding of Agile software development life cycle.
- Support development/migration of new and existing codebases to cloud applications using a distributed application framework such as Dapr.
- “Full Stack” development experience, preferably with the serverless cloud-native development model.
- Containerization experience with Docker.
- DevOps pipeline tools experience.
- Experience developing, testing, and delivering applications with a DevSecOps framework.
- Experience with the following technologies/platforms: AWS/Azure native cloud services (Ex. Redshift, EC2, and Lambda/SSQ, VMs, Functions).
- Experience with data-driven implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with Hadoop HDFS, HIVE, Spark, Scala, Oracle, Oozie, Python, PySpark, HiveQL, or APIs.
- Full Stack development exposure (Django, Tornado, ReactJS/AngularJS (or equivalent JS framework), MVC/MVVM, HTML/CSS, NodeJS, Etc.) experience.
- Business experience with Aerospace or other heavy manufacturing industry.
- Experience with GitHub, JIRA, or other code management and product management software.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms