JOB SUMMARY: Apprenticeship program with 12 week training in the operation of extruders, and the safe production of extrusion profiles that meet or exceed VEKA Inc. standards in quality and output levels in a timely manner. These standards enable us to provide a quality product/service to ensure our customer’s satisfaction.
This is a structured apprenticeship to learn how to run extrustion machines, starts at $21.00 and completes at $25.00 an hour.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA / GED.
- MECHANICAL APTITUDE.
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
- ABILITY TO WORK WITH OTHER EMPLOYEES.
- ABILITY TO RESOLVE PROBLEMS INDEPENDENTLY AND WITHIN A GROUP.
- BASIC MATH SKILLS (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Responsible for adhering to all Safety Policies & Procedures.
- Complete the Operator Apprentice Pre-Qualification before their assigned training date.
- Follow direction of assigned trainer.
- Successfully complete course curriculum in allotted training period.
- Attentively listen and learn.
- Must Score 75% or higher on the Operator Pre-test.
- All other duties as assigned by Plant Supervisor and Management.