Job ID: 419406
APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH company, is a great place to work! CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. We have great employees that have been with us many years – and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team – where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
This position is responsible for providing the professional and technical expertise necessary to prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service. Additionally, this position will plan, direct or coordinate; usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction projects. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure a safe work environment by overseeing compliance with all safety policies
Function Responsibility - Estimator
- Consult with clients, vendors and personnel, in other divisions or construction personnel, to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Confer with engineers, architects, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management members for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Physically measure, assess the condition and formalize estimates for commercial projects.
- Prepare cost, expenditure statements and other necessary documentation, at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of products, projects or services.
- Tracking actual costs relative to bids via reports and field measurements, as the project develops.
- Manage cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Conduct special studies, to develop and establish standard hour, and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Review material and labor requirements; to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
Function Responsibility - Manager
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time; required to meet deadlines.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, customers, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports or cost tracking reports.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerning the construction or maintenance of projects.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather or emergencies, at the construction site.
- Inspect or review projects; to monitor compliance with State/Federal and safety codes or other regulations.
- Integrity, Communication, Recognition, Action and Results Oriented, Positive Attitude, Work Ethic, Growth and Development and Commitment to be successful at APAC MS.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public, at all times.
- Be able to interact with vendors, construction employees and different levels of management.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, for the operation of a company vehicle.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures of Harrison Construction
- Strict adherence to policies and procedures, as outlined in the company's Policies Booklet.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers with other duties as required.
- College Degree in a complementary program or engineering/construction industry preferred or experience in a role similar to this position
- Previous management experience is a plus
- Leadership training is a plus
- A valid State driver’s license
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong organizational skills, time management, attention to detail, and documentation skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, or controls
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus
- Able to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Able to work in all weather conditions
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.