SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES: Western State’s culture is based on passion for our Vision, Mission, and VALUES. We are fiercely committed to SAFETY and sending every employee, safely home, every day. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a “play to win” organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every decision we make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging culture. We are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an organization.
Job Summary: The Rental Coordinator is responsible for a high volume of calls and walk-in traffic assisting customers in their rental needs. This position assists in negotiating rental rates, developing rental contracts using Rental software, scheduling transportation for equipment, and invoicing customers.
- Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at Western States. As a leader and team member in the organization, it is critical to ensure all employees, vendors, and clients have a safe work environment while adhering to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains clean/clutter free personal work areas to ensure safe environment for all WSECO employees.
- Adhering to required personal protective equipment (PPE) as identified in safety policy.
Equipment Management and Client Satisfaction
- Manages rental customer calls and walk-in inquiries for equipment requests.
- Recommends specific rental solutions based on client needs and equipment availability.
- Negotiates rental rates and pricing that achieves CRS’ desired market share and profitability, with limited supervision.
- Dispatches Delivery Drivers to pick up and deliver equipment. Coordinates preventive maintenance and repairs with CRS shop lead.
- Utilizes software programs for all operating functions such as writing agreements, invoicing, transferring equipment, etc.
- Utilizes industrial and light construction rental equipment as required.
- Manages all customer complaints and resolutions in a professional manner.
- Assists with overseeing safety related initiatives and leadership efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
- Knowledge or ability to learn Rental software.
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing and interpersonal relationship building.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Strong customer service experience required.
- Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of 6 months customer service experience required.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
Valid Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and ability to obtain a Medical Card required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Policy to include amount and approach.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.