This opening is intended to be a Full time position.
- Serve as the primary trainer and coach for company employees on the operation of powered industrial trucks and mobile elevated work platforms, including forklifts, aerial lifts and scissor lifts.
- In conjunction with the Training and Safety Departments, develop and implement a training program on heavy equipment operation for company employees.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of programs to train employees in work-related safety policies and practices.
- Timely and accurately maintain and report records as required by Federal, State, and local safety regulations.
- Assist in determining training needs within the company.
- Attend professional development courses to enhance technical, administrative, and instructional abilities.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents, injuries and near misses.
- Work varying shifts and overtime as business needs arise.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every ™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of heavy equipment operation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proficient English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and math skills.
- Must be action-oriented with a sense of urgency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or trade school equivalent.
- Five or more years’ experience in heavy equipment operation.
- Previous training or leadership experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 5-6 hours in a day. Sit 1-4 hours in a day.
- Occasionally/frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally/frequently bend, squat and climb; including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with frequent exposure to shop and warehouse environments.
Shop/warehouse environment with exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt and noise.
Field environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust and dirt.
Valid Nevada State Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.