OBJECTIVE OF JOB
We are seeking an experienced and safety-oriented heavy equipment operator to safely and efficiently operate a variety of equipment. In addition to properly operating the equipment, you will also be responsible for inspecting, providing preventative maintenance, and occasionally repairing equipment when required for the daily operation of an aggregate or asphalt facility.
- Equipment operator – includes operating equipment for the purpose of mining, stockpiling, cleaning, repairing, dust control, and maintenance in the plant site.
- Operate various pieces of large equipment in accordance with company procedures and safety regulations
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by performing regular checks on their functionality
- Document regular maintenance checks to maintain adequate records of equipment performance
- Provide preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and operating properly
- Labor - includes shoveling, operating equipment, washing, and maintaining the cleanliness of equipment and plant areas.
- Repairman/Mechanic – Includes repairing and maintaining the mechanisms of the rock plant, asphalt plant, belt line, equipment, and the scale house.
- Miscellaneous – includes other various tasks your supervisor may ask of you pertaining to the operation of the facility.
EQUIPMENT USED IN PERFORMANCE OF THE JOB
Wheel Loader, Excavator, Haul Truck, Utility Truck, Tractor, Skid Steer, Dozer, Telescopic Handler Forklift, Articulating Boom Lift, Water Truck, Welder, Torch, Hand Tools, Computer and CB/Handheld Radio.
Cutting, torching, grinding, welding, rigging, use of hand tools, operation of equipment, knowledge of aggregate materials and products, ability to safely and productively work in a team environment.
Plant and belt line locations may contain dust, fumes, debris, low to loud levels of noise and extreme weather conditions including excessive heat or cold and rain prevalent at times.
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time: shoveling, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting or standing for various lengths of time, and climbing of stairs.
Please note: Teichert and its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at our company are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Teichert is an E-Verify company.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Teichert, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Teichert") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Teichert, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Teichert mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Teichert employees, or to Teichert’s resume database will be considered Teichert property. Teichert will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Teichert will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Teichert’s recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Teichert will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Teichert’s Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Teichert employee is authorized to bind Teichert to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.