Job Location: Nevada Distribution Center - Reno, NV
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: None
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Category: Warehouse
Who is Almo?
Are you looking to join one of the hottest and fastest-growing industries in the Post-Covid19 world? Celebrating our 75th year of operation, Almo Corporation is the largest independent distributor of appliances, consumer electronics, professional Audio/Video equipment, furniture and housewares in the United States. With an excellent reputation in the market, Almo Corporation operates with strong values every day: Family, Integrity, Innovation, and Teamwork. We strive to build an environment of diversity, belonging, and continuous learning.
Ask about our $1k sign-on bonus!
The Equipment Operator is responsible for operating a forklift, clamp truck or cherry picker to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Generalist duties.
What you will do in this role:
- Receiving/Put-Away: Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Quality: Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Order Picking: Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Loading: Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into trucks or trailers.
- Equipment: Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment. Maintain the facilitys equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Inventory: Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Safety, Sanitation, Security: Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA Standards.
- Maintenance: Perform or assist in aisle and Distribution Center maintenance as required.
What we look for in a candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math, language and reading skills; basic computer skills
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Clean driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operators license may be required
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
Additional skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Regularly sit on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Have a good sense of balance
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season