A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Coordinate and implement necessary equipment repairs of machinery to support the day to day operations of the field operations. Adhere to standard operating procedures and ensure safety compliance.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Performs routine maintenance and repair on shop equipment, i.e. saws, turret lathes and CNC machines.
- Aids in the development and modifications of maintenance procedures as necessary.
- Ensures completion of work orders safely and effectively based on priority and schedules and ensures health and safety compliance.
- Makes necessary contact with outside vendors for service and information.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.