Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Capable of demonstrating a working knowledge of problem solving, fault finding, and analysis using a range of standard practices and techniques.
• Possesses a working knowledge of job specific technical theory and practices, basic knowledge of general theory and analysis techniques.
• Reads and understands electronic, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and facilities schematics. • Has the ability to repair electronic circuitry to the board level.
• Understands and is technically capable using various types of commercial and vendor proprietary software in the process of repairing production equipment.
• Writes equipment specifications and preventive maintenance tasks to optimize equipment performance and processes.
• Write tool purchase specifications and source inspections when purchasing equipment.
• Develops metrics to monitor equipment performance like MTBF, MTTR, Utilization, COO, ROI, SPC, etc…
• Helps to train technicians on assigned equipment and processes.
• Works with process engineering to improve process and tool performance.
• Provide expert troubleshooting on assigned tools as needed before calling in vendor support.
• Identify and suggest equipment upgrades and replacements with justification.
• Knowledge of equipment theory and processes.
• Knowledge of SECS/GEM protocols, various operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, JMP, others
• Responsible for setting up spare parts inventory and stocking levels.
• Work with multiple cross functional teams.
• Resolve issues via root cause analysis and develop plan to eliminate or minimize repeat issues.
Education & Experience
BE and 4+ years of experience in equipment maintenance.
AE and 7 - 10 years of experience in equipment maintenance.
Equivalent Military experience will also be considered.
Prefer 2+ years working experience in the semiconductor industry
Training in the handling of hazardous chemicals, gases, and materials.
Ability to read, analyze technical procedures, documentation, instruction manuals, and or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, technical specifications, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management.
Ability to use basic and advanced mathematical formulas on collected data to determine trends, etc. Basic geometric mathematics and statistical skills.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
All employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and Coherent Corp. EHS standards.
Quality and Environmental Responsibilities
Depending on location, this position may be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.
Ensure adherence to company’s values (ICARE) in all aspects of your position at Coherent Corp.:
Integrity – Create an Environment of Trust
Collaboration – Innovate Through the Sharing of Ideas
Accountability – Own the Process and the Outcome
Respect – Recognize the Value in Everyone
Enthusiasm – Find a Sense of Purpose in WorkCoherent Corp. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.