- Responsible for leading environmental, health and safety (EHS) activities at the Newark site and serves as the site EHS subject matter expert (SME).
- Minimum of B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent education/experience in the sciences
- Experience in leading EHS compliance activities in chemical or related manufacturing facilities.
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA 1910 and EPA hazardous waste requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate action orientation and a sincere concern for the safety and health of all employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works safely and actively engages others to do the same.*
- Oversees and documents Company compliance with state, federal and international safety, health, and environmental regulations.*
- Oversees and documents Company hazardous material, handling, and disposal program. Actively seeks waste recycling, waste minimization alternatives in keeping with the Company’s good product stewardship policy.*
- Provides workplace safety training programs for all Newark employees in compliance with OSHA regulations. Works with all employees to identify and eliminate workplace hazards through audits, gembas, JSA’s JHA’s and other techniques.*
- Actively participates in incident investigations and serves as SME on compliance requirements. Assists managers and supervisors in effective use of safety RCCA methods.
- Maintains site EHS performance metrics, action plans and drives the timely closure of action items.*
- Leads the site Safety Steering Team.*
- Serves as a primary emergency response coordinator.*
- Oversees and documents Company compliance with DOT, IATA, IMDG, and other shipping regulations.*
- Assists in the design & selection of new equipment, engineering controls and installations, and personal protective equipment (PPE). Develops, writes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for new, high hazard processes.*
- Assists R&D, Marketing and production staff with new products compliance and specific documentation projects.*
- Coordinates employee industrial hygiene monitoring as needed to ensure OSHA compliance.*
- Ensures proper maintenance of PPE and other safety supplies.*
- Stays up to date on state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.*
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* denotes essential functions
- Works indoors in temperature-controlled environment.
- No significant exertion required.
- Requires moving around the plant to interact with employees, managers, visitors, etc. and attend meetings.
- May travel to LaMotte Chestertown site, offsite training seminar/workshops, meetings, etc.
- Insurances: health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, critical illness and accident
- 401(k): Company provides 4% discretionary contributions each pay period and matches 25% up to the first 6% of employees’ contributions each pay period
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Tuition Assistance
- Travel Assistance
- Corporate discounts to YMCA membership and AquaFit membership
LaMotte Company, a 100+ year-old global industry leader in developing and manufacturing premier water testing solutions, employs 250+ employees at its existing manufacturing site in Chestertown, MD and is opening a new manufacturing site due to expansive business growth. The new facility, located in Newark, DE will operate 24/7 and will employ 50+ employees within the first year and 100+ soon thereafter. We have an amazing culture and have been ranked as the Best Place to Work in Kent County, MD for the 3rd year in a row now!!!
LaMotte is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws.