Build Your Future with Bobcat and Doosan! We want people with...BIG goals, BOLD dreams and an INNOVATIVE spirit!
You’ve spent a great deal of time in the classroom learning. Now we’re giving you a chance to put that learning into practice. With a Bobcat co-op position, you’ll learn solid business practices from the best sourcing professionals in the industry. You’ll have a hand in planning and executing projects alongside Bobcat’s experienced management team. As much as we have to offer you, we always welcome your fresh new ideas and create an atmosphere in which you can share them.
Your Safety Engineering co-op may provide hands-on work in:
• Applying Ergonomics to make safety improvements
• Create programs & improvements in tools and processes thru ergonomics
• Calculate Ergonomic Risk & Hazards
• Research methods to maximize health and well-being through better design of daily-use items
• Inspects and evaluates work environments, equipment, and practices
• Communicates with users to understand and evaluate problems they may encounter with specific equipment or machines
Safety Engineering Controls:
• Support continual improvement of engineering out hazards.
• Getting to know safety hazards and risks and the tools to identify them.
• Assist in process documentation, identification and awareness of Safety
• Designs, develops, and improves items, such as tools, electronics, and machines with a focus on comfort, safety, and usability
• Designs, develops, and improves ergonomic equipment to increase workplace comfort, safety, and productivity
• Evaluating areas to understand opportunities for improvements
• Air Quality, Noise Levels, Exposure Limits for measuring and monitoring conditions
• Research new technologies to reduce employee exposure to health hazards.
• Assist in tracking and understanding how Safety Metrics effect the Company
• Environmental Footprint and Understanding of product life cycles
• Compile, develop and provide performance reports against EH&S metrics (leading and lagging).
• Analysis of safety data using investigative/trending techniques to identify emerging and changing risks, development of mitigation strategies
• Jr. or Sr. standing in Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management, Manufacturing Technology or Industrial Technology with a Focus on Environmental, Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Ergonomics
• GPA 3.0 or higher
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of drafting software preferred (ProE/Creo preferred or Solid Works)
• Hands-on experience in farm work, mechanical work, carpentry, or similar area
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Project management skills are preferred
• Previous co-op experience is a plus
• Be able to commit to Bobcat for the entire term of the co-op (8 months)
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263.