** Entry Level CNC Brake Press Operator - 1ST Shift - Ayr, ON**
Job Category: Manufacturing Requisition Number: CANAD04285 Showing 1 location Job Details
Martin is a progressive leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk Material Handling Industry, classified as an essential business. We are proud of our rich heritage dating back to our beginning in 1951 as a family-run organization. Fast forward to today, we have more than 30 locations in North America.
As an employer of choice, we offer a stable work environment with equal leadership development and career growth opportunities. We take great pride in "Our People" and believe they are our greatest asset.
- Supplemental Health Insurance provided with premiums paid by the company
- Retirement Savings Plan with Profit Sharing
- Growth Opportunities
- Uniforms provided by Martin for shop employees
- Safety bonus for qualifying employees
In this role, you will form metal parts by manually maneuvering them in brake presses.
- Ability to read blueprints and work process sheets
- Train to program 2D CNC control for bend sequence
- Lift and move heavy or awkward parts manually or with a crane
- Repetitive pushing and pulling
- Operate grinders and other powered hand tools
- Use of cranes and forklifts
- Use a tape measure, hammers, squares, and various hand tools
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe manner
- Work within predetermined tolerances
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned
- Ability to work 1st shift, Monday - Thursday, 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
We're looking for engaged individuals that are adaptable to a changing environment, take pleasure in learning, and enjoy working with others, and continuing to make Martin great.
- Experience operating brake presses preferred
- Have a high energy individual with a positive attitude
- Ability to physically be able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
- Ability to be a self-starter that can work alone or with others
- Ability to be conscientious and take pride in their work
- Experience with grinding tools, drill press, and ironworker a plus
- Have the ability to consistently stand for the entire shift
- Possess a strong mechanical ability
- Simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Have the ability to work scheduled hours and comply with the company's timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- There is no public transportation available at this location
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company’s Ayr, ON branch to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Licenses & Certifications