Teledyne ISCO is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of innovative products designed to increase productivity while improving the quality of life on our planet. Our standard and customized products are used across multiple sectors including: water and wastewater, pharmaceutical, academia, oil exploration, and reactant feed.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Works closely with the commercial Product Line teams to develop and implement activities in Engineering to meet timeline, quality, and cost objectives for assigned Product Line(s). Creates product roadmaps and associated project plans that will help the organization meet the goals required for new products and sustainment. Recommends, guides and mentors personnel to ensure the profitability and growth of assigned Product Line(s). Develops project and support plans and manpower requirements for assigned Product Line(s). Prioritizes schedules based on multiple factors including customer requirements. Plans, creates, and administers procedures and budgets. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Determines critical methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinates activities of other personnel. Tasks and assignments tend to be highly complex, non-routine and/or require a greater level of expertise. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with processes to meet them. Duties are performed under very limited supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensures teams follow established product development and sustaining standards, processes, and procedures with discipline and rigor.
- Estimates resources, budgets and timing commitments needed to execute Product Line(s) goals.
- Oversees, coaches, mentors resources and teams to achieve Product Line(s) and project goals (budget / costs, quality and time – ensures expected, reasonable internal & external customer satisfaction).
- Establishes, tracks, analyzes, and reports on technical metrics as needed to ensure Product Line(s) stays healthy (technical metrics may include, obsolescence, compliance to specifications, quality issues, etc.).
- Directly interacts with customers and uses LAMDA (Look, Ask, Model, Discuss, & Act) to understand and then translate their needs and market requirements into technical, engineering terms using the Knowledge Brief New Product Development process.
- Prioritizes Product Line(s) related engineering work (new product development and sustaining).
- Establishes, tracks, analyzes, maintains, and reports on Product Line(s) Regulatory Compliance requirements, needs, obsolescence, costs, etc.
- Creates and maintains Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio.
- Reviews and advises on potential technical and IP related roadblocks / issues.
- Reviews and advises on all technical related Product Line(s) issues (knowledge gaps, requirements, performance, quality, etc.).
- Researches technology developments and trends that could be applicable to potential products or pose threats.
- Gains understanding of customer’s business related to assigned Product Line(s).
- Assists in creating business cases for new, extended, and enhanced products and features.
- Assists in screening Product Line opportunities (technology, markets, acquisitions, etc.).
- Works with management and other departments to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Interacts with functional and peer groups regarding exchange or presentation of information.
- Pursues new ways to improve the efficiency of production. Develops, plans, and administers procedures. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Coordinates, develops, and implements standard operating procedures for functional area.
- Confers with department supervisors or leads to determine status of assigned projects.
- Prepares technical reports and presentations for all levels of internal and external customers.
- Identifies obstacles to achieving business goals and provides solutions or seeks assistance.
- Ensures the working environment is clean, organized, and safe for employees always. Understands and ensures teams comply with all safety and environmental policies and practices.
- Works to avoid erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results.
- Frequently interacts with supervisors, outside customers, and functional peer groups at various management levels.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific project / schedules.
- Establishes operational objectives and assignments for assigned Product Line(s). Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of operation and are involved in developing, modifying, and executing company policies which affect immediate operation(s) and may also have companywide effect.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, assigned Product Line(s) and / or customers.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related technical field and 5-10 years of directly related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.