Bernhard’s core mission is delivering innovative engineering, construction, and energy solutions that empower our clients and promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of four divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering and Development, each with a distinct identity and service offerings. The intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide turnkey Energy-as-a-Service (“EaaS”) solutions to our clients. At the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors and communities that the Company has traditionally served. Bernhard’s vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North America through delivery of excellent, high value service and innovative solutions for our clients.
Purpose and Essential Duties
The Bernhard Intern’s primary purpose is to be given opportunities for practical skills, workplace experience, and greater knowledge in the Engineering Industry. Interns will be given opportunities within mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and/or commissioning. The Intern upholds Bernhard TME’s owner advocacy philosophy and organizational core values. Specific responsibilities include:
- Execution of individual tasks associated data management and analysis.
- Coordination with software engineers, and energy project team.
- Assist with building models for parsing data and data acquisition.
- Learn and assist with measurement and verification for energy projects.
- Learn and assist with regression analysis and other algorithms for fault detection and baselining.
- Communicate in a professional and productive manner
This position is Part Time, Non-Exempt and reports to the VP of Sustainability.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Currently working towards a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Chemistry
- Computer literate; knowledge of applicable software
- Possess an in-depth combination of analytical and investigative skills
- Ability to identify and evaluate options, implement solutions and resolve complex problems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Infrequent travel to Company or client locations.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- The ability to sit and or stand for long periods of time at a desk. The ability to walk, sit, stand, and climb on job sites as needed. The ability to lift up to 15lbs.
Bernhard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and participate in the e-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Bernhard, LLC (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company’s information to [email protected].