A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives—every day.
The Engineering Intern will help test and validate systems with specific attention to the gas heating heat exchanger development on new product designs on an on-going basis. This position will be organizing control systems, Bill of Material structure for multiple product lines, and assisting with prototype unit buildups. You will work under and be given direction, from systems engineers on a daily basis.
This position will serve our Air Division, located in Fort Smith, Arkansas. The hours of this internship are flexible, with estimated (up to) 20 hours of work per week during core business hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, as class schedule allows up. This is a part time position, while being enrolled in school (NOT summer-only). This position requires someone to be in the Fort Smith, AR area during the school year.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist engineers with daily activities in R&D
- Interns will assist with new product introduction
- Interns will assist with Sustainability work of existing product line.
- Cost improvement projects
- Production assistance projects
- Field Quality projects
- Interns will assist lab testing and setting up of units.
- Assist in launch planning of a new product category
- Learn how to manage technical data per engineers’ request
- Assist with development of technical literature for field application.
- Assist in Regulatory and data analysis as needed
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, electrical, or Chemical Engineering. Sophomore, Junior, or Senior class standing with a college or university.
- Interest or experience in design
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles (thermodynamics, statics, or electronics)
- Strong planning skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills (Excel, Power Point, Word)
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.