Olin Winchester, LLC (“Winchester”), considered one of the world’s leading ammunition manufacturers, is seeking a Safety Engineer. This position will be located at the Oxford, Mississippi facility. With a reputation steeped in tradition, we have earned the moniker, ‘The American Legend’ by delivering on our commitment to excellence in everything we do – including staffing our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with diverse, energetic employees. Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity and join our quest for the best.
- Investigates safety incidents and determines root cause and corrective actions.
- Leads Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) discussions with cross functional groups and determines appropriate actions.
- Conducts new hire Health, Safety, and Environmental training.
- Communicates incidents, corrective actions, and lessons learned to the work force.
- Conducts ergonomic assessments utilizing software and generally accepted National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) techniques.
- Coordinates and Lead Joint Explosives Committee activities including travel to other Winchester sites.
- Supports weekend shift through audits and regular presence and interaction.
- Interacts and leads discussion with Local, State, and Federal agencies as required.
- Conducts and Coordinates Process Safety Management functions including Hazard analysis/revalidations, Management of Change, and Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR) activities.
- Bachelor's Degree** in Engineering; Master's Degree** preferred.
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing environment experience.
- Ability to work across all operating shifts, including weekends, to provide support to the 24/7 operation.
- OSHA regulation knowledge.
- Process Safety Management experience a plus.
- This position requires access to ITAR controlled technical data, and as such, employment will be contingent upon the candidate's ability to access ITAR controlled technical data pursuant to an export license approved by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, if required
- This position requires successful vetting as an Employee Possessor in accordance with U.S. Department of Justice and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
What’s in it for you?
While many of our employees have worked at Olin for their entire career, we constantly strive to bring new people with new points of view into the company. Your career is important to us, and we work with you to create development plans that help you achieve your career goals.
Our employees enjoy the following employment enhancements and more:
- Paid parental leave and additional leave programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance effective Day 1
- Fertility Benefits (lifetime maximum $25,000)
- 401(k) with an employer match and retirement contribution account
- Volunteer Paid Time Off Program
- Short term incentive program participation
- Alternate work schedules (location/role specific)
- Diverse Employee Networks
- Employee Ammunition Purchase Program
Winchester is one of three proud business units of Olin Corporation. Olin began in 1892 and has steadily grown to become an industry leader in both ammunition and chemicals manufacturing. Winchester, Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls and Olin Epoxy employ approximately 8,000 professionals in more than 20 countries with customers in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
* This list is not intended to be all inclusive.
*Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
**Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent program from an international university.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.